Chapter 26

HARRY'S POV

"Should I drop you off? I asked her after we ate lunch at a cute place called Beachwood Cafe. I had to make a stop to meet with the guys. Sage was looking out the window with her hair blowing in the wind as we drove down the streets of L.A. I watched her as she looked content. I don't think she's always as content as she seems. Yet maybe she is content but not happy. The night I came to see her here still sticks with me every day. When we were talking and I asked her how she understood and could tell I wasn't really happy, she responded with "We 're not that different." That sentence never left me. Then finding out she was on antidepressants made my chest hurt. She was sad but she didn't want anyone to know. I didn't mean to make her upset when I asked about them, I just wanted to know. And now the articles and the public getting involved, I know it's affecting her. I was also such a fucking dumbass to think she was using me, she's too good. I have already been getting texts from management, but I didn't tell her. They heard about the articles and pictures. There have been more articles from before but they got people to take them down before it hit the public. Let's just say they aren't happy. At all.

"Darling?" I ask using the name she likes. She looks back at me and smiles. "Should I drop you off at home?"

Sure." She asked looking at the road as we drove. This seems to make her content.

"Okay, I should be back around 5 pm," I told her and she nodded.

"What are you and the guys doing?" She asked as if she wasn't sure if she was allowed to.

"We are going to try to finish some songs and we have some stuff to discuss." I gave a vague, half-truth answer about what we had to talk about. The truth is the guys also got a call from management about me, so we have to sit down and talk about it.

"Are you guys almost done with the album?" She asked sweetly and I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. We're almost finished recording too. We just have to finish some songs." I turned down her street. "We're announcing the hiatus soon," I added quietly and she turned and looked at me.

"How do you feel about it?" She asked still looking at me and I shrugged.

"I guess I'm excited but still nervous and sad to be going separate ways with the guys. It's all a bitter-sweet situation." I answered honestly.

"I get that. If it means anything I think you are going to be great Harry, you all will. And I don't think you guys are going to lose the friendship that you have now." Sage responded kindly. I needed to hear that. There is so much doubt surrounding this, we all feel it.

"Thank you, it means a lot." I pulled into her driveway and put the car in park. "Okay, I'll see you in a little bit, love. Have a good day." I leaned over the center console and kissed her on the cheek, not wanting to be too public because of the current events.

"I hope it goes well, call me if you need anything." She walked out of the car and shut the door before entering her house. I pulled out of her driveway and drove away with my head filled with too many thoughts. The guys were vague when they said they needed to talk. I knew what it was mainly about but I didn't know what to expect.

I drove until I got to the place we were meeting. I stepped out and walked to the front door and knocked. I heard a faint 'come in' so I opened the door to see The guys sitting at the island talking.

"Hey mate, come sit," Niall said patting a seat next to him, so I did.

"So what's up, what did you guys want to talk about?" I asked as they all glanced at each other.

"Well it's about Sage," Liam said while running his hands through his hair. I knew that this conversation would probably be about her, but confirming it made my stomach drop. "It's more about management I guess, but it still involves her. Mate, we all like her and care about her, but we're worried about what's going to happen if it continues, I don't know how they will take it. She's a good person and she has a massive heart but how much bullshit from them do you think she can take?" He asked looked at me directly as I sat back in my chair. Fuck, what the hell am I supposed to do? He's right. She's going to get hurt no matter what I do. If I continue seeing her, management it's going to intervene. if I stop she's going to think I'm some douchebag and that I was playing her.