Chapter 23

I woke up and walked out into the kitchen. Harry was still asleep, I'm sure he must be tired. He hasn't gotten an actual break. He got here two days ago and has so far been bombarded with meeting my sister, a surprise visit by the boys, and complete exhaustion from work. I feel bad, I do. I can tell it's too much. Niall and Louis do a better job at masking it but you can see it getting to Liam and Harry.

I pour myself a cup of coffee and sit on the couch. The sun was shining in with a golden light. I picked up my book off the table and started to read.

After half an hour I decided to make up some breakfast. I decided to just make some fruit and toast.

"Good Morning." A groggy voice interrupted me and I jumped. Harry walked into the room shirtless and rubbing his eyes.

"You're gonna give me a heart attack!" I joked and he smiled. "How'd you sleep?" I asked him while cutting up some strawberries.

"Good, really good. How about you?" He asked as I popped some toast in the toaster.

"I slept pretty well as well. Do you want some toast?" I asked.

"Sure, thanks." He said. I added more toast to the toaster and walked over to my cabinet where I keep my meds.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself as I realized they were empty. I forgot to call in to get them refilled. I pick up my phone and start to dial the number of my doctors' office.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, looking concerned.

"Oh, nothing. It's no big deal." I brushed it off and put the phone to my ear. I heard a lady on the other line. "Hi It's Sage Matthews, I have to refill my antidepressants." I tried to be as quiet as I could. The lady asked all the typical questions and placed my refill before hanging up. I looked up and saw Harry looking at me confused.

"You're on antidepressants?" He asked quietly like he was afraid to ask. "Sorry I don't mean to...um pry I just-" He started rambling.

"Yeah I am, and don't worry you weren't prying." I sighed.

"I'm sorry," Harry said sincerely.

"It's okay." I walked towards the counter and pulled out the toast. "Toast is ready," I said changing the subject, not wanting to discuss this any further. I know he wasn't trying to upset me, he was merely stating what he heard me say on the phone. I'm not open about this stuff, Lily is the only person I'm completely honest and open with. I stopped opening up even the slightest bit when I met Conner. He always told me it was all bullshit and that I just wanted attention, and I just couldn't get that mindset out of my head.

"You okay?" Harry looked up at me, breaking me out of my thinking. He had a mix between concern and remorse on his face.

"Yeah sorry," I said sitting down next to him. "So what do you want to do today?" I asked him, then taking a bit of my toast.

"Um, well a couple of people I know found out I'm in L.A. and wanted to meet up, so Louis texted me asking about having a party at my house tomorrow. So if you wanted to, I was going to head to my house and set up. If you're up for it, do you wanna come to the party tomorrow?" He asked me timidly. He wanted me to come?

"You want me to come to your party? With your friends?" I asked unsurely.

"I mean yeah I wouldn't want you to be anywhere else, but only if you're comfortable with coming." He told me while looking at me with his emerald eyes.

" I would love to. Do you want me to help you set up?" I asked him and he smiled.

"That would be great," Harry told me while I stood up and put away my dishes along with his.