Make Me Lose Control

Season 2, Episode 3: Make Me Lose Control
Overall Episode Number: 12
Created by: Shonda Rhimes

/ / /

Surgeons are control freaks. With a scalpel in your hand, you feel unstoppable. There's no fear, there's no pain. You're 10 feet tall and bulletproof. And then you leave the O.R. And all that perfection. All that beautiful control just falls to crap.

- Meredith Grey

/ / /

The core 5 interns were getting ready for the day in the locker room.

Alex and Izzie were laughing together while the others stared in awe at the pair.

"What is she doing?" Cristina questioned.

George looked unsure. "She's hanging out with Alex."

"Why?" Asked Cristina.

"I don't know. I think... I think they might be friends," George stated, losing his voice as he spoke.

Izzie and Alex continued laughing and joking with each other.

George looked over at Cristina. "Make the lambs stop screaming," he whispered to her.

/ / /

The interns were walking in a hallway together.

Izzie looked over at Meredith, Cristina, and George. "You guys are wrong about him, all right? Once you get to know him, he's really sweet."

George shook his head at Izzie. "He's Alex."

"Punk ass," Cristina muttered.

"Hey, Grey. Izzie was telling me you have tapes of your mom performing surgery. I'd kill to see the Ellis Grey in action." Alex called back rather loudly.

Izzie called back to Alex. "Hey, you know what? Maybe you can come over tonight and we can all watch it together? Right?"

Meredith, Cristina, and George looked at Izzie disbelievingly.

"Oh yeah, if this were a hell dimension," Meredith commented.

Cristina nodded. "Yeah, run away pig boy."

George stopped in front of Izzie. "Do you have a thing for Alex?"

Izzie shook her head. "No," she denied.

"Oh," Cristina groaned.

"I don't." Izzie defended.

"Oh!" Cristina groaned once more.

Bailey looked back towards her interns. "Are we saving lives or having a tea party? Walk faster people."

/ / /

Derek entered an elevator with Mackenzie. Richard entered at the last second, wearing an almost 'pimp' looking hat.

"Ahem," Richard cleared his throat.

Derek looked at Richard's hat. "Nice hat."

"Shut up," Richard said shortly.

"What are you doing here, Chief Webber? You're supposed to be at home with your wife," Mackenzie commented.

Richard looked down at Derek's daughter. "Well, Mackenzie, I'm going back to work."

"You're not cleared for surgery." Derek reminded Richard.

Richard sighed. "Leave me alone. I've been sitting home for a week watching Oprah giving away things on TV. Oprah, Derek!" After a pause, he looked at the Head of Neurosurgery. "You clear me now or I'll hurt you."