Chapter 25

Aaron POV

I love you, I tell her again over the bond, not wanting to take my lips from hers. Her soft body melts into mine and I feel our bond strengthen more.

We completed half of the sharing and I can feel our bond almost being complete.

"Are you ready, angel?" I ask her. I don't want to rush her, but I am dying to tie her to me for the rest of time.

"I'm scared of what we'll see," she tells me.

"Just remember don't let go of me, Aaliyah," I say.

The sharing is a beautiful part of the mating process, but the risk is real. If we separate while in her head, she could get lost in her mind and it can tear our bond to shreds.

"I won't. Just hold on tight," she kisses my cheek before she leans back, "I trust you."

Keeping our eyes connected, I reach across our bond and knock on the door.

She opens the door to her mind and the white light encircles us as we step into her memories.

The light fades around us and the color starts to fill the world once again. I clutch Aaliyah's hand in mine tight as I glance around the room we are standing in.

It looks like a little girl's playroom with toys scattered around the floor. There is a purple mat in the center of the room with a small girl carefully playing with a few blocks. She's maybe four or five with her hair braided back into pigtails and a blue tutu.

"That's you?" I ask Aaliyah.

"Yeah," she smiles as I see two people walk into the room. I immediately recgonize the pair as my angel's parents. I take in their similarities and notice she got her deep chocolate eyes from her father and her small dimple from her mom.

"I remember this day," she starts as tears start ot fill her eyes, "It wasn't anything special. My parents played with me. I remember my mom laughing and my dad letting me dress him up as a princess for our tea party. I remember being so happy."

I can feel her holding back from me. This is a fundamental moment for her, and I want her to trust me with why, "Why this memory?"

She takes a shakey breathe, "Because this is the only memory I have of him."

I look back and forth between my angel and her father, "What happened?"

"One day he was here and then he wasn't," her bottom lip quivers, "Growing up, I would ask my mom, but she would break down just thinking about him. I think the only reason she was able to move forward from the loss is because she knew she still had to raise me. Eventually, I just stopped asking. He might have been my father, but I barely remember him."

"I'm so sorry you lost him, angel," I pull her closer to me and place a kiss on her temple.

"It's alright," her voice is meek, "You can't really miss someone you never really knew."

I turn towards her as my thumb rubs against the inside of her wrists, "Angel," I start.

"I know," she sighs.

"Lean on me, Aaliyah," I tell her, "I'm your mate. Whenever you want to talk about your dad or if you want to find out what happened to him, all you have to do is ask and I will help you find out. No matter what we find, I'm not going anywhere."

I feel the warmth start to run through our link again as a light overcomes my sense. We're tugged through her mind and into a new memory.

Before the light even completely dissipates, a loud explosions sounds off in my ears. The images of destruction swarm around me as screams fill the air.