Epilogue

Aaron POV

*A few months later*

I pull Aaliyah into my arms, swaying us back and forth to the gentle lull of the music.

She sighs happily, her bright eyes looking up at me with such love and trust.

"I love you Angel," I tell her for probably the tenth time today.

"I love you too, Aaron," she smiles, leaning her chin against my chest. Her lips shift into a teasing smile as she speaks, "Or should I call you my Alpha?"

I laugh loudly, my smile never seeming to drop when I'm around her. Our alpha and Luna ceremony had been this evening.

She had stood beside me as we both swore our loyalty and strength to our pack. I have never been prouder of my mate than in the that moment. Her strength and fight still shock me.

"Oh my little Luna," I lean down and nip swiftly against my mark on her shoulder, "You can call me anything you want."

She sighs at my husky tone, the same way she always does when I whisper naughty thoughts into her ears and send various thoughts and images over our bond.

"Aaron, we can't sneak off right now," she scolds slightly, looking over to both my parents and her mother watching us dance.

"I know. They are watching us like hawks."

"Why are they anyway?" She questions, looking over at the woman.

"Probably just planning the next pack party," I say.

"Next party? What could we possibly be celebrating next?"

"Knowing my mom, a baby shower."

I smile as both our mothers laugh at something, the light in both their eyes shining. I know what they are talking about, and I'm hoping my Angel's focus is enough on me that she isn't trying to eavesdrop.

I don't want to ruin my surprise.

My angel giggles at my words, "Well they have some time before we decide that I think."

I look down into her eyes, "I thought you wanted kids."

She smiles, "I do, but not yet. Maybe in a year or two," she assures me. But I can feel her mind is in question with her words. I know my mate's mind better than my own and I know she's been dreaming of us having a family for weeks now, since the moment I made the first small hint towards kids, "Definitely not before we get married though."

"Oh so is that my only requirement? We get married first?" I joke.

"Yep," she laughs. I love the sound of her musical giggle. The notes fill me with light the same way her light fills every room she walks into.

"Good," I move in swiftly and kiss her. I send all my love through that kiss. Everything I feel for my angel, I share with her, "So you are giving me permission to do this."

"Aaron, do-" her words halt as I move away from her slightly to bend down onto one knee.

All sounds around us stop as I pull out the small ring box from my jacket pocket and reveal my family's engagement ring.

"My Angel, I have loved you from the moment we first met. When our eyes met, I knew you were my one. We have shared every part of our pasts with one another and now I want to share our future. I can't imagine a single moment without you. Aaliyah, my Angel, will you marry me?"

I see tears collect in her eyes.

"Aaron, you taught me to trust again. You healed me when I was ready to give up. You are the love of my life, and I don't want to spend a moment without you," she answers, "Yes. Yes I'll marry you."

Standing up, I slip the ring onto her finger and pull Aaliyah into my arms and kiss her with everything I have.

"Thank you, angel," I lean my forehead against hers, "I love you."

"I love you too."

The End