Chapter 41

Aaron POV

My eyes snap open.

I feel the sharp pain as I look down to see various cuts into my chest. The doctor had started the procedure after all and he had felt none of it.

Thank you, my Angel, I send the prayer up and hope me girl can feel it.

The doctor is still standing over me with a dark look in his eyes as he stares at my wounds and then back to my face.

"How are you doing this?"

I look down to see the cuts slowly healing. I can feel the pull over my mate bond as my mother not only heals my angel but me as well.

The sound of screams and gun fire echoes through the building. A smile breaks my lips as I stare down at the man.

"You're already dead," I growl out.

The wall beside us explodes, throwing the doctor and the table I'm strapped to over. I land hard on the ground, feeling the metal bend.

Pulling against the strap, I feel it give. I smile as I'm freed. I hold my hand against the biggest cut on my chest and get up. I rip the monitor leads off my chest and the sound of a flatline heart sounds out.

I see Zach and Thatcher move into the room, killing the others in the space who had been helping with the surgery. But my eyes never leave the trembling man at my feet.

The doctor tries to scramble back, but I won't let him get away. I promised my Angel I would make this sorry excuse for a human suffer for what he did to her and I'm going to enjoy what happens next.

"You harmed what is mine," I growl low as I sense my pack mates with me. All the hunters in the space were dead. All that is left is him, "She begged you to stop but instead you cut her open over and over again."

Reaching down, I feel my claws extend and I dig them into his chest. Pushing into his skin, his screams reverberate off the walls and I lift him up.

"Now you will beg as I cut you open."

He whimpers in pain. My other hand swings around and he scream as my nails dig into his skin and blood runs down his face from the wounds.

I keep him standing as I start to punch him over and over. His eyes are bulging and his nose broke after the first hit. Blood seeps continuously from the wounds I had caused from my claws.

I feel satisfaction when he begs for me to stop.

I can feel his life starting to slip away. Shaking him back to consciousness, I growl lowly, "You are not going to get off so easily. Your death will be drawn out slowly and torturously, and I'm going to enjoy every second of it."

He whines once more and I throw him against the heart monitor, silencing the machine finally.

Walking over to a table, I grab some gauze and hold it against the cuts on my chest. I can feel them slowly healing, but the pain is still there.

"Alpha," I look over to Zach and Thatcher.

"I'm good," I answer their unasked question, "Secure him. We are taking the doctor back with us."

"He going to spend time in the dungeons?" Thatcher comments.

"Until the day I decide to rip out his heart."

I see Zach look around for a moment and then stare at the wounds on my chest, "I'm not too sure he has one."

I smile, "Then I will enjoy cutting him open to see for myself."

Both my friends smile with me, knowing the doctor will feel all the pain Aaliyah did.

Thatcher goes to the man and takes care of it while I start to question Zach, "Are all the hunter dead?"

"Yes," he confirms, "Phoenix tore through most of the defenses before we even breeched. It was a cakewalk after that."

I look over the the hole in the wall he made for their entry point and raise my eyebrow in question, "Was a bomb really necessary?"

"What can I say? It's a lot less predictable than using the door."

I shrug my shoulders in agreement, "You're not completely wrong. Did we take any injuries?"

"Nothing more than a few grazes and bruises," Zach relays, "All of the pack is accounted for. The hunters that apparently made it out of the lab weren't exactly the best shots."

"I doubted they would be," I say, "The ones who made it out were the ones who ran. This was a group of the cowards."

Turning away, I walk out of the space.

"There was a vampire in the cell across from me. She was the only other creature they seemed to have captured. Make sure she is released and do a sweep to guarantee we don't miss anyone."

"Will do."

He moves off towards the cells and I walk outside. The sun hits my face and I breathe a sigh of relief at the freedom I feel.

Kiba paces in my mind, We need to hurry this. Mate is still trapped.

She's safe for now, I remind him, forcing myself to believe with all faith that it is true.

But mate was scared. We should not have left her alone.

We didn't have a choice, I remind him, We will bring her back to us.

But will she forgive us? His sad question pushes at my mind.

She risked so much for me and she's always been so brave. She pulled me into her mind to protect me and I left her trapped there.

All we can do is beg her forgiveness, I tell Kiba, And we won't give up until she does.

I can feel Aiya. She's so sad we left.

My heart breaks at that. I never wanted to hurt Aaliyah. I rather cut out my own heart than harm her.

I feel a slight twinge as the pack bond starts to focus once more. The drugs most be leaving my system. I quickly wrap the extra gauze I grabbed around my stomach and chest to hold my wounds together.

I called out to the pack and told them to do their last sweep than head back to the vehicles. I need to get back to my mate.