Chapter 30

Aaliyah POV

I stick close to Aaron as the boys start to spar in our front yard. Aaron has refused to let me out of his sight, but he needs to continue training. So everyday, Thatcher and Zach come over to fight and train.

Every day since our sharing, I have been on the edge of the precipice. I'm never sure what's real and what my mind is making up. I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind and the only thing holding me back is Aaron.

He has been my rock through it all though. He cuddles me close when I need to be held. He kisses me deeply when I need to be reminded of who he is. He stops me from trying to lock myself away from the world.

I feel movement beside me. Drawing away from my thoughts, I look over to see Thatcher take a seat beside me.

"Good morning, Luna," he gives me a nod of respect.

Gamma, I think to myself before turning back to watch Aaron and Zach shift to spar in wolf form.

Thatcher's soft chuckle draws my focus away. I give him a questioning look, hoping he explains why he just laughed.

"Three weeks," he states.

I shake my head, unsure of his meaning.

"We've been coming here for three weeks. Every morning I say good morning to you and you still haven't said it back," he laughs, a soft smile on his lips as he silently tries to coax me into speaking.

Trust him. He is our gamma, Aiya says.

For the first time in what feels like months, I speak to someone other than my mate, "Good morning."

Thatcher's face entirely transforms as he smile grows larger.

"Welcome back, Luna."

I go to say some thanks, but a loud scream escapes me instead. I clutch my arm to my chest in pain and feel a thick liquid run across the skin. Thatcher tries to grab my arm, but I pull back in pain.

"Aaliyah!" I open my eyes to meet Aaron's across the yard. I notice blood dripping from his right arm as he runs to me.

I feel his touch before I even register that he reached me.

"Aaron," I mumble, It hurts.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay," he holds me before yelling at Thatcher to go get a doctor.

"I'm so sorry, Aaron. I didn't know," Zach says, his panic clear as day.

"Neither did we," he tells him before trying to peel my arm away from my chest, "Let me look, angel. I need to see how deep it is."

I can feel his worry and pain over our bond. Looking down, I see more blood running down his arm, but he's completely ignoring his injuries to care for me.

"You're hurt too," I whimper.

He holds out his arm and shows me his wound. The cuts are deep red, but I can see the wound slowly starting to heal under the blood, "I'm healing. Let me make sure you are too."

I nod my head and slowly lift my arm up between us. Looking down, I see the same four claw marks Aaron has on his arm in the exact same spots.

But my wound isn't healing nearly as fast, if at all.

"I don't understand. How did this happen?" I ask.

Aaron lets out a deep sigh as I see panic and fear swirling around his eyes, "Consequences."

"What?" I hiss out in pain.

"Aaron, why isn't she healing?" Zach cuts in, not allowing Aaron to explain what he meant.