17/Hold On.....

"Hold on... How would you know where we are? If we get displaced in time and space, it could be... Anywhere"

"Hmm... didn't think of that... oh, wait! I got something! stay right here!" The Doctor rushed into the depths of the magical TARDIS.

"As if I'd go anywhere I could get lost in this death machi-" Sebastian was suddenly cut off by a sound.

The machine made a large groan and successfully threw Bas off his balance. Jack and Alex remained intact.

"Forgot the death machine had emotions, eh?" Alex sneered. She obviously liked the TARDIS. The feeling was mutual. Bas slowly got up, looking guilty.

"Sorry... I won't uh.... insult you for nothing at all ever again, uh.....I'm sure you're literally as beautiful inside as you are out." Bas hesitantly stroked the console, feeling extremely awkward.

The only description of the next sound the TARDIS made was the purr of a cat.

Jalex, being the shippers of the group, awwed and were about to make a ship name, but then remembered the tales of TARDoc. Speaking of.......

"I'm here!" The Doctor said.

"I'm queer!" Shouted Jack.

"I'm aware!" They heard Alex exclaim sarcastically.

"I'm.... disappointed." Sebastian huffed.

"Anyways," Alex began, "what did you bring, Here?"

The Doctor didn't notice the pun (ugh, brits). Instead, he pulled out... Was that a gun?

"Wow Doc, I thought you were a pacifist. what's up with the gu- oh my Gallifrey is that a STUPID?!! "Jack exclaimed.

He had 4 wrist watch like devices poking out of his pockets.

The hell is a STUPID? Bas demanded.

"Space-Time Utility Position Indication Device. STUPID. These were inspired by a tracking device made by a genius engineer, but that man is from a different timeline. He sure loves his acronyms, I mean, he worked hard to make that name work. Went by the name of..... something along the last name Stark." Jack explained.

"Oh wow, that's a good one," Alex said to herself.

"What is?" The Doctor asked.

"Acronym!" she exclaimed.

"You bet it is!" he exclaimed back. "As Jack told you, this is a Space-Time Utility Indication Position Device, or STUPID. I think the name is self-explanatory regarding its function, but you're humans so I'll explain it anyway!" Wow, Doc.

"Rude." "IKR?!" "Ugh, Brits." "What was that?!!" "Huh? Oh, nothing." "Mhm, better not."

"Wear these on your wrists, and they'll connect to your nervous system using this 'gun'. It'll also link to your blood, so it's like a blood tracker, which means it'll scan your location by sending signals about your blood sample. It uses genetic coding to identify you all. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt, you will just feel a pinch-"

"I don't trust this." Alex butted in.

"Of course, you don't. Then, anywhere you are, in all of space and time, no matter what universe, you will always remain connected to the target interface. It's password-protected, you choose the type, so that it can only be taken off when you want to this way, I can track you anywhere the Angels send you. So, what do you think?"

"... Strap it in, Doc!" Jack chimed in.

"Yeah, I might not trust this, but I trust jack and he trusts you so.... put it on, I guess," Alex mumbled warily.

They all looked at Bas.

"Wow! Peer pressure- forcing me to do weird shit since high school!! Give me the damn thing, jeez..." Sebastian retorted, voice oozing with sarcasm.

The Doctor put the device on each of their wrists.

"Ok... Now tap the screen and set the password!" The Doctor said.

They did just as he said. 

"Ow!" "Frick" "Oh Jesus!"

"Doc, you're a liar." Jack hissed.

"You're lucky there's a government official here, or I'd murder you." Alex sneered.

"And you're lucky I've seen how bad jail is, or we would have a bigger problem than killer statues" Bas snapped as he held the wrist, trying to register what just happened.

"Would you all rather be lost in space-time... forever??" the Doctor whispered rather mystically.

That shut them up.

🎶Just not for long, for long!🎶

"Wait, what's the gun for?" Bas asked suddenly.

"Oh, that? That is," he cocked the gun suddenly, "for this."

A beam of light shot out of the gun, hitting Jack's watch. It shone bright blue, then dimmed down with a message displaying on its screen.

"Secure," it said.

"Now the watch and the data are secure!" Doc exclaimed. Everyone else put their hand out, but The Doctor just handed the gun to Bas.

"You must have better aim," he explained.

"What are you talking about, that was perfect form, perfect aim? what's wrong?"

"Oh, that was just luck ¯\_༼ᴼل͜ᴼ༽_/¯"

"Doc!" Jack shouted, indignified.

Bas took the gun from the older man's hand and shot his watch. He winced at the sudden pain and heat. He didn't expect that. Jack didn't even seem like he had noticed.

'This man must've gone through a lot, he is like a typical soldier... who's fought for a thousand years,' he thought.

He aimed at Alex's wrist and shot the watch. Hitting the panel with shocking accuracy, her watch started glowing just like the last two instances. As Alex held her hand in a silent expression of pain, he aimed at The Doctor's watch and shot the watch. He jumped a bit, but that was all. He wondered what would've happened if he had missed.

'You know what,' he said to himself, 'I really don't wanna know.'

:D

Published,
19th March, 2021