19/ Alright, Let's Get This Done!

The Doctor and Jack sat around a table, mapping out what the sonic device would look like. It was tedious work, but they managed. Meanwhile, Sebastian and Alex were discussing the details of the plan. Occasionally, someone would switch places, give their inputs about the others' work, and return to their seats. Soon enough, they were done.

"Alright, who's gonna hold this?" Jack exclaimed. Alex raised her hand excitedly, but the device was shoved into Sebastian's hands. He stumbled back, not thinking the device would be so heavy.

"Hey, why not me?! I volunteered!!" The girl cried out. Jack just patted her head, which led to her slapping his hand away furiously, glaring at the man.

"Look at the guy, he's having trouble holding him and it's obvious he's much stronger than you, honey," he said.
Alex just fumed and looked away. She acknowledged his reasoning, even agreed with it, but that didn't mean she had to like it!

"C'mon, let's get rid of these creepy statues already," Alex mumbled, the rest nodding along. The TARDIS doors opened, right in the bushes behind Trafalgar Square. They quickly set the device up around the distortion, about 20 feet away. Then, they hid.
If their enemy realised the plan, it wouldn't go well for them. Yeah, hiding won't help much, but it might be good enough for a head start.

As the machine powered up, it sent the sonic waves directly towards the distortion. How could they tell? It looked as if someone had thrown a stone in the water, but the effect was visible in the air. The ripples were huge.

As they came near the distortion, there was a strong purple light which almost blinded the whole gang. Soon, it started looking like it was emitting a strange glow. The intensity lessened and the whole scene became strangely beautiful. It mesmerised them.

"It's working!" Shouted Jack. Oh, did I mention? It was also really loud.

"What's that purple glow?" Alex shouted back

"It's not exactly a glow, it's a reaction! The sonic waves are so powerful that they're crashing with the time energy, pushing it into itself!" The Doctor replied.

"Wait, what?"

"Imagine the time energy as paper, so the paper is folding in on itself, closing the entrance on the inside! This will seal the exit!"

"What about the Weeping Angels?!" Sebastian asked this time.

"They'll get sucked in, the electric field generated by this second device on the ground creates a huge magnetic field, but it's too close to the time energy spiral to work as a normal magnetic field. The time energy will interfere with its functioning, and the magnetic effect would be directed towards any object in the vicinity which is filled with time energy"

"Uhh... Doctor? What about the TARDIS?" Alex shouted, sounding panicked.

"Oh shit."

"What 'oh shit', the magnetic field isn't strong enough" Jack exclaimed, being the voice of reason for once.

"Really?!"

"Yeah! I discussed it with Sebastian in front of you, and made the changes needed. Didn't you listen?" Jack said. Sebastian snickered.

"I bet he was too busy imagining some private time with his darling-"

"Oh, shut up!!!"

They kept hiding for a good ten minutes before the first signs of disturbances occurred. A few statues -the Weeping Angels- got sucked into the slowly closing distortion. The rest… well it seemed like they had some business to attend to.