9/Meting DI Barnes (Full Chapter)

This is just for reference^I'm publishing the last part's story here again so that you guys can read it in continuation

I'm publishing the last part's story here again so that you guys can read it in continuation. If you don't feel like doing it my way, then look for a mark ahead in the chapter (you'll know it when you see it) and just start reading from there. Happy reading!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

They finally found the person in charge of the case they were about to hijack. Jack introduced Alex as Jessica Evans and The Doctor as John Smith. then-

"Captain Jack Harkness, and who are you?

"Barnes, Sebastian Barnes. Pleasure to meet you, Captain."

"James Bond anyone? Doc?" They both snickered quietly.

"Nice to meet you too Barnes, Sebastian Barnes." A glare from 'John', clearly reading "Stop it!!" and started speaking. "Pleasure to meet you, mister Barne- DI Barnes, sorry. We need some information to solve this new case we've been assigned. like, the missing persons files, CCTV footage of the concerned place, all that. I hope you can help? Ya know.... Be of assistance or something like that......" He trailed off as Sebastian nodded.

"Of course. I assume it's about the missing persons cases in Central London?"

Jack and The Doctor exchanged confused glances. the DI noticed and laughed lightly.

"Don't- There's no need to worry, okay? It's just that I was briefed about the case just this morning. I was gonna bring the case to their attention anyway.... So, yeah, It's kind of a surprise to me that people already started coming here!"

Alex saw where this was going, so she spoke. "We're just private detectives." Both the men immediately cringed inside. That was the one lie that wasn't going to work here.

"Private detectives don't help the police," Barnes squinted at the little girl in what looked like confusion, but was actually suspicion.

"Right! Well we do. We just wanna help." Even though Alex had spoken before, her accent threw the officer a bit off. Someone's never been to Scotland. "You see, my sister, Clara Evans, had a similar disappearance. So, I wanted to find out who did this. Maybe she's still alive...." Her sadness sounded so real, that no more questions regarding their presence were raised. For the moment, at least. But Jack honestly thought that her sadness sounded too real. He decided to leave it at the moment.

".... Again, private detectives don't help the police"

Huh. Guess the moment is over.

"Don't they?" Alex smirked. Awkwardly, might I add.

"No... They... Don't." Barnes was eyeing Alex very suspiciously by now.

Jack looked done with this conversation. He decided it was enough. " Well, we do, Detective Barnes." He gave a tired smile to the detective. Barnes still looked wary, but he let it go

"Fine. And please, call me Sebastian, or Seb for short." Sebastian broke out a small, albeit real smile for once. The doctor gave him a full, excited grin.

"Very well then, come with me."

"Allons-y!!!" Seb had an amused expression on his face. "French, means 'Let's go'."

"I know. I've learnt French, at least the basics, in school. Come on, follow me !!

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The trio followed Sebastian to a different room. They stood in front of a Yew coloured door. Seb opened the door, gesturing them to come in. They followed his hand as the DI entered his office and closed the door behind him.

"Welcome.... To my Throne Roo- I mean office." Barnes blushed a bit and scratched the back of his neck but showed them the room.

It was like any other average office room, but maybe a bit bigger. Must be because of him being the DI.

The windows were opposite the door, covered with white shades. Against the same wall, was a dark oak coloured cabinet. The plain walls had a boring look, what with the green foam bulletin boards filled with pinned on information. However. The sunlight was coming from the open shades of the window. The golden rays striking every corner of the place gave the room a happy feeling to it.

In the middle of the room was a plum- Mahogany desk. A revolving chair clad in black leather lay behind the desk.

From what little surface was visible, the three guests could see the desk had a glass top. But the rest of the surface was covered with different documents and files. Some pictures lay here and there, among the chaos.

That's what the whole room felt like- Chaos.

'Well this is... Nice" the doctor's comment made seb blush even more, feeling kind of embarrassed about the mess.
He didn't even remember it to be this messy. He just came in at 5 to piece together more information about the case! He checked his watch. 'Oh, it's like 11 right now. That explains it, ugh.'

"Sorry about the mess, I was just working extra early today..."
"No, really, this is nice. Great office Seb. I like this- it's like messy but a good messy, know what I mean?"
"Yeah, I guess. I really do want to get to the bottom of this mystery. Whatever is going on here, it's not natural."

They both nodded their head. Both of them knew that they would solve this case, no matter what. People was dying, and it was never acceptable.

The Doctor voiced his thoughts.

Jessica spoke up."I agree. We'll do this, Whatever it takes."

Jack next, "Yes. Whatever it takes"
Barnes, " Whatever it takes."
Finally, The Doctor. "Whatever it takes."

After their 'oath' to sort out this huge mess, they all got to work.

I know I went all Avengers: Endgame right up there, but what can I say, I couldn't resist. The opportunity was too good. To those Non-Marvel fans who are probably confused rn, I'm so, so sorry. But I still don't regret that reference.
Tell me what you feel about this chapter. Vote, share and comment. It really means a lot to me. Have a nice day!!!

Published
30th April, 2020