7/A Mystery to Solve a Mystery

Jack's POV

I answered all of Alex's questions. There was only one I couldn't answer.

How was the box bigger on the inside?
Honestly, I'm really surprised at three things right now :-

1. How come I didn't ask that question when I first came in here?

2. How is it possible that I only flirted once with the new Doctor?

3. How come I haven't flirted with anyone/anything for about... More than an hour?!!

' Damn, this has to be a record. ' Just as I thought this, the Doctor came in.

"Where were you? You were gone for like - half an hour!" I accused.

"Sorry. I'm back now. Is she done with her questions?" He asked.

"Wel-"
"PLEASEEE tell me she's done with her questions." He moaned. Gosh, he's such a child.
"She's done with her questions." I repeated after him.

" She," Alex emphasised, "wants to know how the TARDIS is so big in here and so small outside." She then continued.

"I suppose it's kind of in the name itself, ya know, Time and Relative Dimensions In Space, but I would still be needing a good explanation as to why it is like this."

The Doctor looked at me. He seemed so done with his life. Me too Doctor, me too. It's been so long since I've had some fun, of any kind. I'd go to a park and have a round on a swing if I could, honestly.

" I'll explain some other day, later, I promise. Can we talk about anything else for now?"
"Okay. Why were those Angels here?" the little girl  sought an answer ( height-wise, I mean).

"Wait, were?" The Doctor looked at us, confused.

"Yep. Don't ask how, but we managed to throw 'em out while you were busy 'washing your eyes'" I answered.

"I was also communicating with the TARDIS trying to find out how the Angels got in." He defended.

"What did you find abou-" I started but he cut me off.

"-'Trying' being the keyword." He continued.

"Oh. So you wasted so much time?" Alex scrutinised. good point, Jessica.

"No, I did find one other thing." He informed her seriously. I gulped. Oh, this can't be good.

"The TARDIS lowered her defences. By choice. She let the Weeping Angels in. Nothing forced her to do anything."
"The TARDIS told you that?" I confirmed, baffled. "Why would she do that?! Jess nodded her head along with my sentence, also shocked.

"I....... Don't know. She's kind of...... Blocking me out! It's frustrating. The TARDIS is hiding this information like she doesn't understand how crucial it is to solve this case. She's hiding it li-like...... Like-"
"You know you're repeating yourself, right? Jess commented. The Doctor ignored her, looking like something just clicked in his mind. "....... Oh. Oh! OH! OH that's IT!" He exclaimed.

Ugh, Brits.

"Care to share it with the class?" I said sarcastically.

All right, that's it! hope y'all liked it. see you by next week hopefully. please vote and comment as you please. I love to read them and even respond to them. Later, Allons-y!

Published,
16 March, 2020