PROLOGUE

'Where am I?'

Sebastian looked around. His vision was hazy, too hazy to make anything out. He blinked a few times to clear it out. When he looked up again, he saw the familiar decor of his bedroom. He was slowly looking around, perplexed when he saw two men sleeping on a couch nearby. A couch that wasn't even his.

'So, I'm not at the precinct during work hours, I'm in my bed, in my room, and there are two strangers sleeping on a couch that doesn't belong to my room. What should I do? Wake them up?'

Of course, that's exactly what he didn't do. He was a DI, he might have his moments but he wasn't a complete idiot. No, what he did instead was that he grabbed his spare gun from his bedside and pointed it at the two strangers turning off the safety.

"Hey, wake up!" he shouted. This started the two men. One of them sat up in their place, having the posture of a trained soldier. The other one fell on the floor, out of sight of the detective.

"Who are you?" he stared at the man, sitting upright. He was wearing a blue trench coat and had black hair. He also had bright, blue eyes, which were eyeing at the gun cautiously.

The one who had fallen quickly sat up, coming into Sebastian's vision again and startling him. He wore a brown trench coat and had dark brown, ruffled hair.

"Oh, c'mon, not the guns, again!" The man made a face. He started towards Sebastian but he pointed the gun at him. This made him stop in his tracks. Sebastian smirked slightly.

"You're going to tell me who you both are, why I'm not at work and why there is a couch in my bedroom. I mean, firstly, it's not mine, secondly, who keeps a couch in a bedroom?"

"If you just put the gun down, we'll explain everything," the one in the blue coat said. Was that a vintage air force coat? Looked like the ones they used back in the 40s!

"Oh yeah? Why should I?" He aimed the gun at him now, giving him a challenging look. The man just sighed.

"Because we have details about your case. The missing persons case. You know, the one about which you've been anonymously collecting information for the last, what, 5 days? Yeah, we can help you solve that." the man said.

At those words, Sebastian's hands shook slightly. He hadn't told anyone about that case. In fact, he had only planned to tell his superiors about it today. How could they know? He had to trust them because there could only be two possibilities here. They knew so much, so they either wanted to help him for their gain... or kill him for it. Seeing as they had plenty of time to do the latter, he decided to trust them

For now.

"Alright," he turned on the safety, lowering it but keeping it ready to use. "I'm listening."

[23-01-2022]