10/ What About The Victims?

This is my favourite song nowadays, so you can check it out. This is (I Can't) Forget About You by R5, you can listen to it while reading too, if you like!! Anyway, on with the chapter. Hope you guys like it!!

"Six cases altogether. No pattern at all, race, colour, gender, family, absolutely no connections that the victims had. The only thing they had in common was that they all were in some sort of central square or shopping mall or any other crowded pace. Then they went to an empty or almost empty place, where they were taken." Barnes simplified the basics for the group as he passed out the files for each victim.

"Ruth Evans...... Female, born on 5th January, 1984 in Glasgow. She was having a walk in the park according to an eyewitness nearby. We've already talked to them. They said Evans looked really stressed. Makes sense, considering she was mid-college year. Taken while she was sitting on a park bench in the Russell pedestrian square. poor girl, just 23."

"Wanda Rodriguez..... Also female. 20 year old teacher in Highgate School. Born 28th march, 1987. Londoner, taken in.... the ZSL London Zoo." Barnes held the file in his hand as he read from the file. "She was on a field trip with her students. One second she was in the bathroom washing her hands, then the lights go out. 5 seconds later, they come back on, and boom. She's gone."

"Then, here's Ross Carter, a 20 year old guy. Born, 26th July, 1987, Cardiff. He was hanging around a mall there. He went to an abandoned shop with the intentions of buying it. Went out of the view, never came back in."

"Even if he had intentions of running away, which is kinda stupid, isn't it possible that he just went out of the window? Or the fire escape?" jack asked.

"The fire escape would've been seen if he used it. But we scanned all the cameras already. No sign of him. And as for the window, it had a metal grill which I'm sure not even a pigeon could squeeze through." Sebastian responded.

"Very well then. Continue." The Doctor said.

"Right.... O yeah, here's the other one. Here's another guy, Matt Wilson, 27 years old. Born in Sheffield on....... 6th August, 1980. This one used to work at The Blues Kitchen. He was on a 10 minute break, went out to meet his girlfriend. He went outside, didn't come back. All that was found was the gift box he was planning to give the girl, on the ground." Barnes pointed at the pictures taken later on as he spoke.

"What happened to the girl? And what was the gift for?" Alex interjected.

Sebastian took a deep breath. He continued, "His girlfriend was also took, as a matter of fact. Sabrina Jones. 23 year old, born 4th December, 1984 in Liverpool. She was doing last year of law school at Stanford but came here for holidays. Her car was still parked near the back door of the bar. It was their 3 year anniversary, apparently."

"So both were taken? Oh wow...... Is that it?" Jack interrupted this time.

Another deep breath, followed by a sigh. "No. Arrow Smith.  24 year old guy, born, 21st Oct 1983 in Blackpool. Intern at ZSL Institute of Zoology. He was at....Hook, a Fish and Chips restaurant, to celebrate his birthday with his friends. He went outside when he got a call, and...... He never came back! Same as the others, he was taken after he got to a place which was.... Basically isolated."

This was getting really weird..... Jack and the Doctor looked at each other as Alex checked out all the files and scanned them quickly by her eyes, reading over it. There wasn't any need though, Sebastian had done the briefing pretty well. Alex still wanted to go over it, just for her own satisfaction. As Jack and the Doctor discussed the case in hushed voices which the DI found kind of hard to eavesdrop on, he walked over to where Alex was almost done looking through the last file.

sebastian spoke first," what do you think about this case? it's very confusing to me, but some points just... Seem too strange to overlook. I don't really know what to think, which is so unlike me, to be honest. What do you  think?" Alex stared at Barnes for a few seconds. She saw the confusion etched in his expression with a look of desperation- desperation to understand what the hell was going on. Alex was still new to the whole 'Alien Business', so she said exactly what she would've said if she was presented this information two days ago. Before the turmoil in her life began. "I'll come back to that later. I think I'll be needing more time than 5 minutes to actually form a hypothesis. Is that good for now?" She asked him softly. He seemed a little sad but he nodded and sat down in his chair.

Hey guys! I just thought that maybe I give you guys this update. I was gonna extend it but that will take me a lot- too much time!! It's crazy how long it's taking me to type a chapter. I'm so sorry that I'm not updating despite everything, But I still don't have much inspiration. I was just listening to some songs as I finally a least wrapped it all up. 

I have a request for you all, if you have any ideas as to what could've happened while the victims were taken, write about it in the comments. I want to know exactly what you guys think about the event and more of its back story in more detail. I thought I should write in a bit detail about each victim and what was happening, ya know, a bit of background story.

If you guys do as I asked, it will really help me out to type future chapters and get more inspiration this way. Please help me out and give your opinions. Stay safe y'all!

Vote, share and comment this story, and listen to songs by R5 cuz they're frickin awesome. I mean, man! They are real good. See ya!!

Published,
21st May, 2020