6/ Mirrors?!

Doctor's POV

I shouldn't have done that. I should not have done that. My eyes hurt really bad now. Should've remember that ' just because I can do something, doesn't mean I should ' Sarah Jane made me repeat this after every adventure we've had and I literally mean evry. Adventure. We've. Ever had.

"J-Jack! Quick! Eyes on the Angels!" I somehow choked out. I was sure my eyes were red by now.

"On it, be quick, though." He replied and complied. Ooh that rhymed.

"Ohhh I'm gonna need a minute here." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"What?! I can't kee-"
"You know what I mean!" I moaned, still rubbing my eyes. Oh my Gallifrey they really hurt!

"Oh for the love of- " Alex was saying something but I didn't hear what. I fell on the grill flooring before I could help it. I had forgotten. Eyes were the weakest part of a Time Lord. More the strain the have, more the weak we get.

"Genius! Haha! Oh my god Jess you're amazing!" A shout rang through the control room.

'What's wrong with Jack?' I asked myself, trying to get up but failing.

"Come in Doc, we're safe now." He mumbled in an excited yet comforting way. I was grateful for it. He helped me up.

"What do you mean 'safe' ?!" I said, more panicked and tired sounding than I intended.

"Hey, calm down. I pulled out a mirror, that's all. You said they can't move if anything living was looking at them. So, either I make it look at its friend over there or I make it look at itself! Since the former was trickier, I pulled out a mirror like notebook I had in my bag. It's looking at itself now. That counts, right? Well, apparently it does because none of us is looking at the Angels yet they're statues and we're not in the past, eh?" Alex exclaimed.

I just looked at her. More like stared at her. I was still tired to even properly stand, but I managed a few words.

"So you just- just pulled out mirrors?! That's it?! And what's with the goggles?" I exclaimed, baffled. That was bloody brilliant, that was.

"Oh! Mirrored sunglasses." Alex told us, taking them off. I looked at her like she was an alien. Well, to me she was an alien.
"Why hadn't I ever think of that? This is brilliant, this is." I wiggled my finger. "Moving on. I'll just, uh.. wash my eyes and be back. Jack here will explain anything that you'd like him to. Just don't bug me about this later."

I stumbled away to the kitchen and quickly washed my eyes. As I dried my face , I felt some strength return back to me. The cool water did good.

"Weeping Angels. How come you didn't warn me, eh?" I patted the the TARDIS soothingly. "It's like you let them in. But you wouldn't do that. I know you. Come on, Old Girl, speak to me."

It's hard to know what she's exactly trying to tell. Any being with a pure heart and soul, not just Time Lords, can understand a TARDIS. The TARDIS just has to be convinced that the said person will never cause them harm. The TARDIS trusted me so much, that she talked to me freely. But, she seemed very hesitant right now.

"What?"
"What?"
"But.."
"What?!"

"How can you just lower your defences?!! We could've been killed!" I screamed in my head. She told me that she lowered her defences on the door. But... Why?

Just wait till I get to the next chapter. It's gonna be FREAKING amazing!! I've already planned it out... Most of it, at least. I've almost completed it!!! Hope you liked this one. Vote and comment please, I really do appreciate when you do that. And seriously... Just vote. It takes like- 3 seconds to do it!!

I love you all! * Looks at the people at the back with shocked expressions* YES YOU TOO I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!! BYEEEE

More like... ALLONS-Y!!

(And if you like it...)

 (PLEASEE tell me you know this reference

(PLEASEE tell me you know this reference.)
Anyways, see you soon hopefully!!!!

Published,
13th March, 2020