𝕷𝖚𝖘𝖙: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

Silence. A silence was all there was the moment Mark and I stepped out of my home. I didn't know how to start a conversation with him, especially after he saw me half-naked thanks to Lucas. But what's done was done, I can't do anything about it now.

After 10 minutes of an awkward silence and slow walking, Mark spoke first.

"So... do you have any place in mind? I'll pay for it, no worries."

I thought about it for a moment, and I turned my head to face him, to find him looking at me. His eyes looked like they held galaxies in them. He gave me a small smile, and I was mentally punching the air.

God, why do you have to be this cute.

I wanted to ask him.

"There's actually a place that I've always wanted to go to, it's called Quadradine, a restaurant and bar."

I said to him, and his eyes widened.

"A bar? So I suppose that you drink? That's... kind of unexpected from what I originally thought about you."

Mark asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah. I drink, with moderation of course. I only do when my out with classmates or when I'm alone and having a shit day. Why are you surprised?"

I asked Mark, and I realised that his face was red.

"I mean, you were... shy, earlier when I was brought to your room when you weren't fully dressed... I thought you were the soft kinds of girls. But the fact that you just let me watch you get dressed anyways surprised me as well, so I guess I was wrong about what I assumed about you..."

Mark paused before hiding his face in his hands. I then stopped walking and started to wave my hands around, embarrassed that he had to bring up what had happened earlier.

"Ah shit, so sorry about that! Lucas just doesn't think before talking at most times-"

"You do have a really nice figure though..."

Mark said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear, which caught me off guard.

"Uhm... sorry what?"

I said flustered, as I started to feel my cheeks burn after hearing Mark compliment my body. Suddenly, his eyes flashed reddish-pink again, the exact same colour as when I first 'met' him.

"Y/N, your mother."

Mark said seriously, before grabbing my hand and dragging me into a nearby alley.

"W-wait, hold on-"

I stuttered, when Mark then swiftly pinned me against a well, with his body close enough to mine to cover me. He looked over his shoulders, and I peeped to see what he was looking at.

It was my mother, and she was walking back in the same direction that Mark and I were walking towards.

"S-she didn't see us right..."

I asked nervously, and he just shook his head. It took me a few seconds to realise that I could feel the warmth of his body on mine, and it was addictive. Mark then looked down at me, and I felt his breath on me. I looked back up at him.

We were just looking at each other, but this sudden tension between us was magnetic. Mark was looking at me so intently, his gaze so mesmerising, that I just wanted to kiss him, right here and right now.

We then broke our stares, and I peeped out again.

My mother was no longer there.

Mark then backed away from me before cautiously leading me out of the alley, and we smoothed our clothes. We were both blushing.

"S-sorry, should have given you a clearer heads up."

Mark apologised.

"It's alright, I didn't even see her. I would have been screwed if you took any longer. By the way, how did you know she was there-"

I accepted his apology, before being cut off as I tried to ask him how he knew my mother was present.

"Let's quickly head to that place you suggested, shall we? Let's not waste time before we get caught."

Mark said, and I could sense nervousness in his tone. He wasn't wrong, but something felt off when he said that. This made me drawn towards him even more. He was a mystery.

"Yeah sure, let's get going then! I can't wait to dig in!"

I exclaimed. Mark smiled at me as he gestured for me to link my arm with his, which I gladly did, and we immediately made our way to Quadradine.