𝖂𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖍: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

"DOYOUNGGG WHY ARE YOU SO SLOWWW."

I yelled jokingly as I waited outside Doyoung's house. He opened the door to his balcony and gave me an 'I'm gonna kill you' look.

"KEEP YELLING AT ME AND I'LL GO SLOWER!"

Doyoung tried to threaten me, so I pretended to look and sound annoyed.

"FINE."

I yell in response, and he came down within a few minutes.

"Geez Y/N, why'd you have to draw attention to me like that? You better watch out."

Again, an attempted threat.

"Funny, you keep saying that but you never do anything!"

I fired back at him and we both laughed.

Doyoung and I have been friends for 4 years. He would try to scare me whenever I embarrased him. It's funny how he hasn't given up or hasn't done anything at all.

We started to walk away from the streets near our houses then around a nearby park. We did this often, it hasn't changed. Meet at 5PM, walk around the park. As we walked, we would talk about the craziest and sometimes the most unrealistic things. From what the future could be like, to myths, specifically, vampires.

From their killer red eyes, to their mysterious aura, accompanied with danger and silence. We loved everything about it. What's crazier is that Doyoung and I even talk about the possibility of vampires themselves living among us in hiding. 

We spoke of vampires again as we were walking.

"Hey Y/N, would you date a vampire?"

Doyoung suddenly asked me.

"It would be cool, but depends on the kind of vampire he is. You? Would you date a vampire?"

"Yeah, same opinion as you. You'll never know when they're manipulating you, and then the next moment, you're dead."

I nod as he made his point. What if I dated a vampire? How would things turn out?

We continued to walk as the sky slowly started to grow dark. We decided to head back before it got any darker.

As we began to make our way back, I felt a chill run down my spine and stopped.

"Y/N? Why'd you suddenly stop?"

Doyoung asked me and I shook my head.

"I don't know. I felt a sudden chill."

"Are you sick? Did you suddenly come down with a fever?"

Typical Doyoung, always looking out for me. He places his hand on my forehead to check.

"You don't seem to be sick..."

"Yeah... Let's just keep walking back, the sky's already quite dark."

Doyoung nodded and we continued to walk. I felt another chill, a cold wind brush past me. I stopped walking again. Doyoung stopped too and looked at me worriedly. This feeling I had, it was making my heart beat faster. Sudden fear. It felt- it felt like Doyoung and I-

"Doyoung, I think we're being followed."

I blurt out and Doyoung widened his eyes as we turned back to check.

No one was there.

We turned back to the direction we were heading.

Suddenly, at high speed, I was moved away from Doyoung, about a few metres away.

"Y/N! HEY DUDE? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?"

I hear Doyoung yell as I look up.

First thing I realised, I was lying down, and a guy was on top of me. Somehow I didn't worry about that. There was a small lamp post next to us, so at least I was able to see his face in the dark.

But the first thing I see, glowing red eyes. Angered red eyes. Fear started to run through me as I study his facial features. Pale, dark hair, blood red lips. I focused on his slightly opened mouth. I felt like my eyes were deceiving me, but it was RIGHT THERE.

No way, this can't be, they're myths. No, they don't exist. There's no way.

"HEY! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER. DID YOU HEAR ME?"

I heard Doyoung yell at the guy again.

The guy was panting and almost growling, giving me a glare so intense that I almost couldn't breathe. He was pinning me down so hard on my shoulders, they started to hurt. I've never felt this much fear in my life. Instinctively, tears started to form in my eyes. I said under my breath, probably abit too loud for the guy to hear.

"Please don't kill me..."

Tears started flowing down my cheeks. I can't die in front of Doyoung. I don't want to.

Suddenly, the guy's facial expression changed. His expression softened, and his glowing red eyes were gone. They turned dark brown. His skin slowly became less pale and his lips became less red. He slowly let go of his grip on me and gulped.

"HEY! I SAID GET AWAY FROM HER!"

I lifted my head to see Doyoung running towards us. The guy turned back to see Doyoung as well, then turned back to to me.

"Sorry... sorry."

He suddenly says, his voice low and sweet.

He stood up and suddenly helped me up, before running away.

"Y/N! You okay?"

Doyoung immediately came to my aid.

"Yeah, I was just pinned down really hard."

"Geez, let's quickly head back to my house, so that I can help with your shoulders."

I nodded at his offer, as I grabbed onto my aching shoulder and Doyoung lets me hold onto him. I looked back up expecting the guy to still be running.

But he was gone. It was like he vanished into thin air.

Just like how a vampire does.