𝕰𝖓𝖛𝖞: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

"Y/N? You're awake..."

I heard a voice speak to me as I slowly opened my eyes. I was in bed, and I turned around to find Taeil sitting by my side. I sat up and looked around.

I was in my room, back home.

"W-what happened? How did I get back here? I thought I was with Haechan..."

I asked Taeil.

"Well, you were, and he brought you back in his arms last evening. The two of you were out for almost the whole day. He told me that you grew tired and you unconsciously fell asleep on his shoulder when you guys decided to rest at a nearby park."

Taeil told me, and I started to space out. My mind then started to wander off to the moment when Haechan kissed me. I couldn't really identify how I felt at that moment, my mind was in a world of its own. Full of confusion, sadness, happiness, doubt.

I then snapped back into reality and turned to Taeil, noticing a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?"

I asked him again, and he sighed.

"Haechan requested me to look after you for the night, so I stayed over. A few hours after he left, you were crying in your sleep..."

Taeil said softly, and I took a deep breath. I really didn't think that Haechan's presence would lead me to days of crying almost all the time, and I wondered what was wrong with me. I should be happy that he's back in my life, why am I like this?

Just at that thought, I heard a knock on my door.

"You rest a bit more, I'll get the door for you."

Taeil offered, and I had no choice but to thank him. I sat up as he went to my door and opened it.

It was Haechan.

"Hey, it's okay if I come in right? I've got some food if you guys would like some."

I heard him ask Taeil.

"Yeah, sure. Y/N would be grateful for it."

Taeil replied to him, and Haechan stepped into my house. He then saw me and approached me, before giving me a small wave and smile.

"Did you sleep well?"

He asked me, and I just nodded. Seeing him suddenly felt weird, I didn't know whether I should see him as my 'best friend' or something else, especially after what happened yesterday. Haechan then sat next to me as Taeil came into my room with two glasses of water. He passed one to Haechan, then the other to me.

"Thanks."

I thanked Taeil.

"Y/N, Taeil, here take this. I asked the head chef of the palace to make this for you. They're pork and vegetable dumplings."

Haechan then said before passing a container filled with the dumplings.

"Wow, thanks. These look great!"

I thanked him, and he ruffled my hair with a smile.

"So, how long have you known Taeil? I've never seen him around town back then. I suppose that he came after I left for 'prince training'?"

Haechan then asked, and Taeil nodded.

"Yeah, she even told me about you many times, almost every week!"

Taeil told him, and Haechan laughed.

"Hehe, is that so? Y/N, you really missed me that much? No wonder you were so happy yesterday before you slept on me."

Haechan teased, and a giggle escaped from my lips.

"Well,  I'm sorry that I couldn't help but feel at ease knowing that you haven't vanished from my life completely."

I said, and Haechan's expression changed, looking guilty. We suddenly heard a man call out for Taeil.

"Your neighbours want you again?"

I asked Taeil, and he sighed as he nodded.

"Yeah, sorry I can't stay any longer. You two can continue to catch up while I'm not here. Just call me when you need me!"

Taeil apologised and immediately ran out of my house.

"He must be liked by the town."

Haechan then commented, and I shrugged.

"Eh, I wouldn't say that. They use him just because they're too lazy to actually get anything done."

I said, and Haechan looked surprised.

"That... was not like before... Looks like things changed over the years."

He said, and I nodded. 

"By the way, Taeil doesn't know that we... kissed, right?"

Haechan asked, and I shook my head. 

"I think it's best if he doesn't know for now... Not sure of how he'll react if he ever found out that I kissed you"

He said slowly, and my mind went back to when he kissed me. 

Was it right for me to respond to his kiss? 

Why was the feeling that I got from it so... addictive?

"Y/N? You thinking of something? You alright?"

Haechan asked me as he gently shook me. I jumped a little, startled.

"Yeah, yeah... wait no, sorry."

I stuttered, as he gave me a lopsided grin. His eyes then widened.

"You were thinking about my kiss, weren't you?"

Haechan asked, as he gave a cheeky smile. I didn't respond, and he chuckled.

"So you were. And I thought you were going to cry again, I was about to get worried again."

He said, and I felt my heart melt a little when he said he was about to get worried. Suddenly, Be brought his face close to mine, and held my chin.

"Since you thought about it, I'm guessing that you liked it. So let me give you a little gift..."

Haechan said, before he gave me a small kiss on my lips. I suddenly jerked backwards a little, and I covered the bottom half of my face, trying not to show the fact that I was blushing really hard and I was smiling. He then took my hands off my face, and swiftly gave me another small kiss. He smiled and chuckled.

"Haechan! You're just teasing at this point."

I defended myself, and he laughed.

"But the thing is, I'm not wrong, aren't I?"

He challenged me, and I sighed. 

"Well, yeah."

I simply replied, and the smile on his face just got bigger.

"Alright, alright. That's enough kisses for today. I need to start heading back as I'm having visitors in the palace. So this officially concludes that you're my girlfriend now, right?"

Haechan asked, and I shrugged. The thought of being my childhood best friend's girlfriend is giving me butterflies.

"We'll see~"

I teased, and Haechan laughed again.

"I'll take that as a 'Yes'. Alright, I'll get going now. See ya, and also..."

Haechan said, before once again, he gave me another, and one last small kiss before looking me in the eyes. We were both smiling at each other.

"I love you."