𝕰𝖓𝖛𝖞: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 3

So here I am. Just sitting on the ground, playing with sparrows, as I was waiting for Haechan to come over.

"I miss you..."

"I know you missed me..."

Those words still rang in my head, over and over and over again.

Of course he knew, I literally cried at the sight of and in front of him. I just had to break down.

I tried to keep those thoughts away, for fear that I may break down again.

As the sparrows hopped onto my palm, I heard footsteps on the rough gravel surface.

"This part of you still hasn't changed huh. Your love for animals."

A shadow hovered over me and I turned around.

Haechan.

I stood up, still cupping the sparrows in my hands, and he cutely smiled at me as he looked down and gently touched the sparrows.

"Y-yeah... I still do love them..."

I said quietly, and Haechan looked back up at me. We were looking at each other so intently, it's almost like we were just strangers.

"The look in your eyes never changed either. Your pretty eyes just became even prettier."

Haechan complimented, and I instinctively looked away.

"Thanks..."

"You sound nervous..."

He pointed out, and I pursed my lips.

"Well, we haven't seen each other for like, a long long time... and I didn't think we would meet up again like this for the first time in years... I guess I need to get used to being around you again..."

I said to him, and he nodded with understanding.

"Well if it helps... Let me do this for you as a starter..."

Haechan said to me, so soothingly that it hit my heart. He held up his hand, wanting me to hold it.

"Hold on."

I said, as I bent down to release the sparrows. I then felt him intertwine his fingers with mine, and he brought me to a nearby bench. We sat down, and he moved my head, such that I laid it on his shoulder. He let go of my hand, only to hold it with both his hands, gently caressing them. I had no clue where this was going.

"You still love the song 'Hate Everything', by Golden, right?"

Haechan asked me, and I nodded.

"Alright then..."

He said, as he suddenly held both my hands in both of his, and started singing.

"Had a perfect picture in my head, with you in the most beautiful dress. You look happy as ever, how did I let you go again...?"

He sang as he continued to caress my hands, and just these lines, with his sweet, honey-like voice, made my heart ache. I was in the verge of crying yet again.

"Now I'm standing alone in the rain, like the kind of movie that we used to hate. Wish I could take back the time, but I know this time it's real."

He paused, and inhaled deeply before continuing. This time, I couldn't hold it in. I just let my tears flow out again, this time falling on his hands.

I really, really, really missed him. I can't even deny it anymore. I missed his voice, his gentle touch. Everything.

"I hate that I'm singing this song.

I hate that I have to be strong..."

He paused again, and I saw a droplet of water fall. I looked up to check if it was raining soon, but the sky was clear. I then felt Haechan shaking slightly, while more droplets came down.

No...

I thought to myself, knowing what was happening as I looked up at Haechan a little before he continued singing.

He was crying.

"I hate that you're gone, I hate all my flaws, I hate that you love someone else...

H-hate everything... just hate everything right n-now..."

He stopped singing, and he let go my hands and covered his face with his hands. He then started crying harder. I just sat there and looked at him, not knowing what to do, but seeing him like this was so painful.

This was the first time I have ever seen him cry this hard.

"Please stop crying... it's making my heart ache..."

I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. He stopped crying and looked up at me. Seeing his puffy eyes made it even more painful for me to see.

"Stand up."

He said, as we both stood up, before he pulled me in for a tight embrace.

"S-Sorry, for crying. This song just made me think of how badly I suffered during the past few years without you... I couldn't even go back out to see you... I was being restricted. Seeing you crying yesterday, knowing my sudden presence is back in your life, it made me feel so guilty for not telling you why I left. I just can't believe, and I'm so happy that I'm seeing you again, and you're here with me..."

He confessed, and I was at a loss for words. He then let go of me, and cupped my face.

"What are you doing?"

I asked, startled by his sudden action.

"Y/N, I never want to lose you again. Ever. I know we both went through so much while we were away from each other for so long."

He paused, then continued.

"Remember when we were kids? When we liked each other before I left? I said that once we grow older, I will be able to kiss you?"

He then asked, and I nodded. My heart started to pound, as I then knew why he asked.

He still had feelings for me, but it was stronger.

"Is it okay if I..."

He then asked me for consent, and my mind started racing with thoughts.

We had missed each other for so long, I didn't feel like he just still 'liked' me after what he had just said. I cried because of him everyday, but I still talked about him with Taeil. I thought I had lost feelings for him, but it felt strange. I couldn't identify why it was that way. But now, I know why.

I love him, and now I know that he loves me back.

"Yeah..."

I responded to him, and he brought my face to his as his lips land gently on mine.