𝕰𝖓𝖛𝖞: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

This was weird. Seeing my old best friend, up there, finding out there's royalty in his blood. At that moment, I felt like bursting into tears. But I knew I couldn't. So instead, I took a deep breath to hold in my tears.

"Let's give Haechan a big round of applause!"

Jaehyun exclaimed and I applauded, still trying to hold in my tears. What made it more awkward or worse was that Haechan was looking straight at me the entire time.

"Haechan would you like to say a few words before our guests here take their leave?"

Jaehyun requested, and Haechan nodded. He looked nervous. This was it, i was hearing his voice again after so many years. I prepared to hold back more tears.

Haechan stepped forward and took a deep breath before speaking and looking at me again.

"First of all, I am really grateful for everyone who managed to make it to this ceremony, like Jaehyun said, this was the first time we opened something like this to the public, it is an honor to be the first prince to be revealed like this. Several years of preparation really paid off. Thank you so much again for coming."

Haechan made his speech and did a bread smile. Everyone cheered. It was simple and sweet, almost sounding unprepared though. But my tears were on the verge of flowing out. His honey sweet voice, it made me think back at my childhood with him. He still had that honey sweet voice, it hurt. He used to sing to me with that.

"Everyone may take their leave now. It was a pleasure to have everyone gathered here in celebration. We may be holding another community gathering since this worked out well. Thank you."

Jaehyun finally dismissed everyone, and everyone quick took their leave.

"Y/N, let's head back! This was-"

Taeil says amazed, but he realised my expression when I turned back to leave immediately. I was hurt. I had my head down slightly, and I let the tears I had held for that several minutes flow out.

"Hey hey, you alright? Let's get you back quick okay?"

Taeil checks on me and assures me, and I nodded. He held my hand and we made our way back to the entrance, now exit of the palace, but before stepping out, someone called my name.

"Y/N..."

The voice was loud yet sounded soft and it trailed off. I turned back to see who called my name.

Haechan.

I was still crying. I step back in abit more as he runs towards me.

"H-Haecha-"

I tried to say his name, but I was instantly cut off by a sudden tight embrace from him.

I was shocked. I couldn't do anything, react physically. I suddenly let go of Taeil's hand as Haechan embraces me for longer than I thought.

All I could do was cry. I buried my face into his shoulder as I cried harder.

I missed him. Really really missed him. His presence.

"I missed you so much... I can't believe you came here. I can't believe I'm seeing you again... I miss you..."

Haechan says. Hearing his voice upclose, it hurted even more. I couldn't stop crying.

Haechan let go of his embrace and held me by my shoulders. I couldn't fully look up at him. So I tilted my head up slightly.

"Who's this..."

Haechan asks, and I knew he was referring to Taeil.

"Uh, Taeil. Her close friend."

Taeil responded, and I roughly knew that he figured that Haechan was actually the childhood friend I told him about. I see Haechan give a small nod of acknowledgement.

"Ah, okay... Y/N, can we meet up tomorrow? At our childhood spot? 2pm? I'm not busy during the weekends so I'm free."

Haechan then asked, but I was hesitant to respond. He must have noticed as he tried to look at my face clearly.

"I know you miss me... Please let me hear your voice..."

He slowly said, and I wanted to cry more.

I sniffled.

"Y-yes. Okay I-I can meet you tomo-morrow..."

I responded and a small smile formed on his face. God that hurt.

"Okay... Taeil, please make sure she rests well... She's not feeling the best right now."

"Yeah... yeah sure thing."

Haechan asked Taeil to watch out for me. Haechan held my hand and then let go before we parted ways as I continued to cry on the way home, while Haechan had my tears on his shoulder. All I had in my head on the way home, his words.

"I miss you..."

"I know you missed me..."