𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖊: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

"Y/N? Are you there? Helloooo?"

I hear Renjun's voice, before snapping back into reality. He waved his hand in front of me.

"Oh, sorry... didn't see you there..."

I said to him, and he just looked at me skeptically. I headed to school early and I was in the cafeteria again, and I must have spaced out for a while, as there were too many things in my mind. Now that I have voluntarily decided to help Renjun improve his attitude and personality, I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to be like around him, especially after what he did yesterday, which made me stay mute for literally the whole day. At the same time, I've been thinking of how I could avoid falling for him. I was determined to ensure that this don't do so. At first, I decided to try and avoid him when necessary, and only approach him if I think he needed help with something, but I had a feeling that I'm probably going to be around him quite often, so I figured that I should keep my plan lowkey.

"Uhm... are you there? You spaced out again."

Renjun spoke again as I thought of these, and I got startled. I looked at him.

"Uh. s-sorry again..."

I apologised.

"Are you okay? You look tired..."

Renjun then asked, looking concerned. I shook my head.

"Nope, I'm not buying it. Something's bothering you, what is it?"

Renjun demanded, and I glared at him, pissed off by the way he asked.

"First of all, I'm not bothered by anything, and you could have asked me in a less demanding way. Same goes for when you ask other people. Secondly, it's not that important for you to know about what everyone thinks of. Sometimes they prefer to keep it to themselves as they're not comfortable with voicing out. They'll feel like you're invading their privacy if you forced them to tell you, especially with that rude and demanding tone of yours that you used on me."

I snapped at him, and he looked taken aback.

"Oh. Sorry... thanks for letting me know though..."

Renjun apologised, and I sighed.

"Anyways, let's make our way to Potion Chemistry class, we do not want to be late."

I said, and he just nodded. Oddly, he seemed to be slightly quieter today, but why he's acting this way doesn't bother me all that much. We both stood up and started to walk a short distance, before Renjun suddenly stopped, with a worried look on his face. He turned to me.

"Please stay beside me while on the way to class. It's uh... for your safety."

Renjun instructed me quietly, and I followed suit, as I was confused by his sudden instructions to me.

I walked next to him all the way till we reached the laboratory, and luckily, we were earlier than we thought. We entered the lab, and we went over to our assigned benches, where glass flasks and test tubes were neatly arranged in front of us.

"Uh, if I ever make any physical contact with you to help you, don't think about the rest staring at us. They're not used to seeing me with someone, especially since I voluntarily partnered with you."

Renjun warned me, and I nodded.

"So you really are nice after all. Just a problem with controlling your arrogance and pride?"

I asked him, as he shrugged and nodded.

"Yeah I guess... Thanks for wanting to help me by the way. I didn't think you would, especially since these big mouths in and out of the school tell you bad things about me."

Renjun said shyly, his face turning red.

"Uh, also, sorry about what I did yesterday, the two cheek kisses... Now that you told me about privacy, I feel that I should have asked you if you were comfortable first..."

Renjun also apologised, his face turning even more red. I then felt my heart melt. I realised how cute he was when he's shy.

Y/N, NO. NOT RIGHT NOW. NOT THIS AGAIN.

 I mentally told myself, remembering that I shouldn't fall for his charms. I felt my cheeks burning again, and I was praying that Renjun didn't notice.

"Lovebirds, you guys are early."

Professor Kun's voice then boomed, and I jumped in my seat, startled, and almost falling off. Renjun saw me get startled and laughed, before putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Professor! You almost scared the life out of her with you usual loud voice! Haha, Y/N you okay?"

Renjun called out Professor Kun, be for asking me if I was alright. I nodded.

"You guys got along already? I didn't expect that. But that's good for you Renjun. You have someone to take care of you as well."

Professor Kun commented, and I turned to Renjun, and his cheeks were red again. I turned back to Professor Kun.

"I guess you're right, but please, we're not lovebirds like you said we were."

I defended, and Professor Kun just laughed

"Alright, alright, if you say so. Anyways, since you guys are early, why don't you start early? I'll give you instructions in a short while. Once you guys have finished, you can leave class early."

Professor Kun said, and Renjun nodded.

"Alright! Well Y/N, lets get started!"

Renjun said excitedly with a smile, as I nodded and gave him a smile in return.