Chapter 21

Im a horrible writer arent I? I havent updated like in FOREVER. Yes I know the updates began to slow down, it is because now have less and less time for updating my books and I sometimes have writer's block. Im very very sorry if I have not updated for a long time.

Chapter 21

~Yumi's PoV~

Days have passed, I have never set foot outside the mansion since Rido forbade me to go outside except the gardens. He said there are vampires after me, to kill me. Yes, I was afraid of these vampires but I want to venture outside the mansion, to feel the fresh air, to feel the warm sun rays on my skin, and to maybe go to the city where the humans are.

My memories have not yet come back even if I try to remember but I always try to strain myself and it resulted me for a painful headache. The feeling of guilt and the feeling of doing the wrong thing kept growing. My chest aches whenever I kiss Rido, and I always internally thank the servants when Rido was going too far.

I honestly do not want to do it with Rido because of the feeling in my chest and I feel like I dont belong to him. Even so, he is my fiancé and we will do it after our wedding which is a few more weeks away. Anyways, Rido have decided to host a ball to celebrate for my return and for the proposal. The invitations were already sent to Rido's friends amd such. The ball will start tomorrow night and the ballroom needs a little more preparations which the servants are doing.

I stood on the balcony, watching the beautiful night sky covered in sparkling stars and the moon shining brightly in the middle of the night sky. Yes the night is beautiful and it is where the vampires are awake or hunt but I prefer daytime. The cool breeze, the warm sun rays and watching the clouds slowly pass which is very relaxing. It is also quite amusing, the fluffy white clouds were sometimes in shapes.

"Yumi." I heard Rido's voice which gave me shivers down my spine. I turned around and gave him a smile.

"Rido, my love." I greeted with a smile on my face. He walked closer to me and embraced me from behind. "What is it, my love?" Saying 'my love' to him honestlt disgusts me and the feeling of him embracing me was making my body scream to let go but I resisted it.

"Nothing, love. Its just that you look so beautiful tonight, my dear." He said and he chuckled darkly making me slightly shiver. "Are you looking forward to our wedding in a few weeks?"

"Of course! I cannot wait for us to get married, my love." I put on my usual fake smile whenever he is around. It was a lie, I was never excited and I feel that I dont want to marry Rido. Did my love for Rido fade away when I lost my memories? Do I love him?

~Zero's PoV~

Dammit. Its been days and there's still no sign about Shizuka. We were searching for her every night and she always escapes when we caught a glimpse of her and Ichiru. That damn Pureblood is seriously getting on my nerves, when I get my hands on her, she will get the proper beating she deserves and also spill out everything she knows about Rido so I can save Yumi.

I was drinking on the blood vials that Yumi gave me. I drink these whenever Yumi's not around or when I sometimes go somewhere away from the Academy. It wasnt exactly her blood but it tasted like hers and I missed it. Her scent, her soft pink lips, her smooth white skin, her sparkling rusty red eyes, everything about her I missed.

I didnt know that I'll feel this lonely without her. I guess Yumi is the one I will truly be forever. My best friend, my lover and my wife in the future. Heh, I can imagine her being my wife already and also us being parents.

"Zero!" I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Kaien's voice. He stopped in front of me and was panting slightly, "We found Shizuka along with you're brother Ichiru." I nodded and I  smirked in the inside. I can finally kill her, when we get the information about where Rido and Yumi are, I will not hesitate to kill Shizuka. She was the reason that I was turned into a bloodsucking monster, the vampire who killed my family and it gave me endless nightmares about my family dying.