Chapter 5

' We enjoy the night, the darkness, where we can do things that aren't acceptable in the light. Night is when we slake our thirst.'

-William Hill (Vampire's Kiss)

Chapter 5

~Yumi's PoV~

These past few days/nights, is almost really nothing. Same boring lessons, hunting animals every night (they are more sweeter than the tablets Kaname has given me) and trying befriend Zero. Everytime I try to talk to him, I always get the same treatment.... the glare and the rude words he throws at me. Zero is really hard to befriend with since he despises vampires so much....

Sometimes I always feel like I am forgetting somethin, I do not know what is it though.... Hmmmm..... Anyways! Classes are going great I guess, and trying to stop Aido from drinking the Day Class' blood whenever he wanders in the forest. Quite annoying actually, since he acts like a child whenever we drag him back to the Moon Dorms.

A knock was heard from my door, "Yumi-san! A letter has arrived for you!" It was Takuma's muffled voice. I stood up and opened the door, with a smile.

"Ah, thank you very much, Takuma-kun." He nods and handed me the letter. I closed the door, walked towards my desk and opened the envelope. It was from Cornelia, from the Orphanage. It said;

'Me and the children will be visiting the Academy. These children kept pestering me about it, and they all miss you very very much since you stopped visiting the Orphanage. I reckon that you are very busy studying these past few days thats why you stopped visiting. The children also wanted to have a picnic and they said that you should cook food for them because you are a very good cook, and it is very very true! The Headmaster of the Academy allowed us to have picnic there and he said that we will be having picnic by the lake not far from one of the buildings. We will meet you tomorrow morning!'

I sweatdropped and deadpanned. That's what I forgot.... well, uhhh woops. Looks like I wont be sleeping then. Oh yes, the class had already ended and the Night Class was doing whatever they usually do. I looked at the time and it was already 5AM. The other Night Class will be sleeping in about 6AM and the children in the Orphanage will usually be awake at 8AM. I think they will arrive in about 9AM. So, I have 4 hours then.

I took a shower first and changed into a long sleeved off shoulders light blue sweater, and a blue skirt. I strapped the white heels around my ankles and brushed my hair. I opened my bedroom door and glanced left to right. No one was there, just the dark empty hallways. I quietly walked downstairs and towards the kitchen. I assume that the vampires dont cook, since I never saw them go in here other that getting a glass of water.

I rolled my sleeves up and tied the white apron around me. Hmm.... what to cook, what to cook... Aha! Pasta Fruit Salad, Chicken and Slaw Wraps, Fried Chicken (uh duh!) Grilled Steak Sandwiches, a lot cupcakes and cookies! The drinks will be Lemonade of course! I smiled and started searching ingredients in every cabinets and the fridge.

After a while of preparing ingredients, I have 3 hours left. I started cooking and with the help of my abilities. I mostly used the wind element, so ingredients and tools were floating everywhere while helping me cook. The kitchen was filled with sizzling sounds and the delicious smell in the air. I know vampires really dont eat human food that much, but I really do not dislike cooking and eating human food. It is quite fun to cook and they are actually very delicious!

After cooking and baking, I placed them all neatly in the basket, it is quite a lot but it wasnt really heavy since I am a vampire. The sun has already risen and it shined brightly. I have about, an hour and a half minutes left. I rolled my sleeves down, untied the apron and placed it on the counter. I believe the headmaster is awake so I made some extra cookies and sandwiches for him.