Chapter 11

'Life is cruel. If we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?'

-Vampire Diaries

Chapter 11

~Yumi's PoV~ The Next Day....

I visited the children in the Orphanage again as promised. I can still see the smiles they wore and I can still hear their joyful laughter. Cornelia said that 3 more Level Es tried to enter the Orphanage but turned to ashes when they set foot on the lawn of the Orphanage. The attacks seemed to have decreased because usually they will be like 5-10 Level Es trying to attack the Orphanage.

It relieved me to hear that. Anyways, it was already turning dark meaning class will start soon. I stood up from my bed and did the usual routine, changed into my uniform and grabbed my bag. I walked downstairs with grace and greeted the vampires. They greeted back with a smile and I was happy that they were treating me like the others, no formalities and treating me royally.

As we exited the dorms, the gates slowly opened revealing the screaming fangirls/boys and they were screaming our names. Yuki and Zero were trying theur best to hold them off, I sighed and stood in front of the crowd.

"Everyone! Please go back to your dorms. Remember the consequences when you dont go back to your dorms on time for the curfew!" They all suddenly froze and scurried off to their dorms. I chuckled as Yuki stared dumbfounded at the scampering Day Class students.

"Seriously? Is that the way to make them go back to their dorms? Reminding them about the consequences..." Yuki scratched the back of her head and turned to me, "Hey, umm.... Yumi-chan, are you okay?" I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean, Yuki-chan? I'm perfectly fine." I smiled at her as she frowned.

"Well, uh last night. I watched you sing and you were crying.... Did someone uhh you know, break up with you?" I must have been lost from my singing and I did not sense them. Though, I cannot tell her about my problems, it is for me to only keep and deal with.

"A-ah, yes. He broke up with me because I wasnt good enough thats all." I lied and gave her a small smile, "You dont need to worry about that Yuki-chan. Anyways, I'll see you later." I waved and started walking towards our class. I then stopped and looked to the side to see Zero, staring at me, I can see guilt once again in his eyes.

~Zero's PoV~

I stood in front of Yumi, she stared up at me and her expression was neutral. My chest slightly tightened. Will she still talk to me?

"Yumi.... about last night--"

"Its alright." My eyes widened, surprised at what she said. She forgives me that easily? "Im sure you have a reason for what you did and I respect that. And it seems you do not need my help anymore," she said her voice void of emotion and this made my chest tighten even more. She looked around then said in a low voice, "while you were drinking her blood, I can see that you can control yourself very well. And it seems that she let you drink her blood, meaning she is trying to help you."

She then chuckled, "I guess I am useless after all..." I heard her say to herself. No, she is not. She helped me stop calling myself a monster. She helped me stop the pain I have been feeling. She was very comfortable to be with and to talk with. The dark corners of my heart seemed to have lighten up whenever I saw her smile, hear her angelic voice and the look she always gives me. She already helped me with so many things in such a short time.

"Anyways, I'll be late for class. See you, Kiryuu-kun." She walked away. She called me by my last name. It hurts so much hearing that and it also hurts when she talked to me without any emotion showing at all, but why? Why does it hurts so much when Yumi was acting like this to me? Have I... really fallen for her? Was that it?