Chapter 16

Chapter 16

~Yumi's PoV~

Zero continued to drag me towards Father's office, his hand still holding mine and I did not let go.

"Yumi, did you see that winged woman earlier?" Zero asked looking at me whom I was walking right beside him. Should I tell him? He might think differently of me if I tell him.

"N-no, I didnt. I was so focused on my training that's why there were burnt grass, trees and puddles everywhere." I said and he just sighed. "Anyways, why is Father looking for me?"

"He said something about the Orphanage."

--

I knocked on the door of Father's office with Zero standing beside me, we heard him say 'Come in' and we entered. Father sat on his chair behind his desk with a slight troubled look.

"Father? Is there something you need?" He looked up at me and sighed.

"The Orphanage might be in a bit of a trouble...." I narrowed my eyes at him. Trouble? What kind of trouble? "The barrier you made is slowly disappearing because of the continuos attacks of the Level E vampires." My eyes widened and my heart beat quicken. If the barrier is completely gone, the children and Cornelia will be in grave trouble. I will not allow this to happen. Those children are like my own, my angels, my everything. I dont know what to do if I lose all of them, I will surely break....

I clenched my fists and jaw, I need to get there now or the barrier will be completely gone! I spun on my heels and dashed out of the doors, ignoring Father and Zero's calls. I will not allow them to lay a single finger on Cornelia and my children!

~3rd Person PoV~

In the Orphanage, children cowered in a room as they watched the Level E vampires try to get in the barrier, one by one the vampires turned to ashes but the barrier's light was slowly fading. The vampires kept diving in as their numbers slowly decreases but there are still more than enough of them.

Cornelia sat in front of the children, some were crying in her arms, some were calling help from Yumi and some were cowering. Cornelia kept trying to calm the children down but it was not working that well. She was also scared and she was panicking on the inside, she prayed for Yumi to come and help them.

With Yumi, she ran in inhumane speed towards the Orphanage, she can already see the barrier's light slowly blinking and fading. She ran and ran even faster, and was praying that Cornelia and the children are alright. Way behind her was Zero, also running towards the Orphanage, determined to help Yumi.

Back in the Orphanage, minutes passed, the barrier broke like glass and the vampires cheered, their eyes glowing and stared at the orphanage, their dinner of children inside. The vampires then charged, breaking windows and the front doors of the orphanage, their malicious grin plastered on their faces as they smelled the air to find their dinner.

When they caught their scent, their grins widened and they walked towards the door at the end of the dark hallway. Footsteps echoed along the hallways and evil laughs were heard. The children and Cornelia stared at the door in fear. They can hear the vampires' footsteps and laughter from inside the huge room.

With Yumi, she has finally arrived at the Orphanage, her eyes widened and she gasped at the sight of ashes everywhere, broken windows and the doors broken off its hinges. Her rusty red eyes glowed and she growled. She then dashed inside, summoning an anti-vampire sword and gun. She followed the sickening rotten scent of the level E vampires that entered the orphanage.

Screams were heard and this made Yumi heart beat quicken thinking of her children being grabbed by the vampires and sucking their blood dry. She shook her head and growled loudly like a wolf's frightening snarl.