6. Christening pt.2 - Crisis

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Catherine asked sitting next to Victoria. The ceremony had just started and everyone was paying attention to the Archbishop. Everyone but Catherine, who had to make sure her daughter was alright. "Did Meghan say anything that bothered you?"

Victoria seemed a bit zoomed out. "No, no, I'm... Okay." She replied. She was desperately trying not to think about it, but Meghan's words hadn't left her mind yet.

You're not meant to be Queen.

She shook her head. Was she really letting her invidious aunt's words influence her? No, of course not. But what if she was right? What if she really wasn't meant to be Queen, what if George was a better King than her?

"You okay Vicky?" Charlotte leaned on her, resting her head in Victoria's lap.

That somehow woke her up. Victoria smiled, helping her sister to sit back up. "Behave, Char." She smiled. "Sitting up, like this, exactly."

The little princess obeyed, but shortly after turned to her once again. "Why you're upset?"

"I'm not, sweetheart," Victoria smiled, grabbing the end Charlotte was giving her. "I'm just a bit tired. Now, why don't we listen to the Archbishop, uh?"

Charlotte nodded and climbed on her sister to sit in her lap. Catherine, next to them, smiled. A few minutes later, the ceremony ended and everyone stood up to leave.

"Let's go," Victoria gently pulled Charlotte, as she saw Meghan and Harry approaching them. She had no intention on letting that woman around her sister. "C'mon, let's go." She said again, leading Charlotte out of the chapel, following their parents and brother. As they walked hand in hand in front of the photographer, Victoria squeezed her sister's hand. "Give a wave, Char. Say bye bye."

But instead, Charlotte turned to the photographer, giving them a look. "You're not coming." She stated.

Victoria and William, the only ones who heard her, had to keep themselves from bursting out laughing.

"Oh my God," William laughed as soon as they were out of sight. "People are going to go crazy about it," he said, helping George to climb on the car.

"About what?" Kate asked without a clue, placing Louis in his car seat. "Have I missed anything?"

"Oh, if you have" William closed the car door, getting in the driver's seat. "Your daughter, Charlotte, just told the journalist "You're not coming" as we were walking away. Just like that, out o nothing!" He laughed.

"Oh my," Kate agreed, grinning. "She's going to be all over the newpapers by tomorrow,"

"She definitely is," Victoria nodded, from the backseat. "I can't even imagine how many stories they're gonna come up with, from this."

"Oh yeah," William started the car, and they pulled off to Clarence House.

***

"Look at this," Meghan held her phone in front of her, with the screen facing Harry.

"If you didn't notice, I'm driving, Meg" the Prince replied. "Can't you just read it for me?"

"Mh," Meghan rolled her eyes, "It's about Charlotte," she said.

"Is it, really?" Harry wondered.

"Your brother and his wife need to teach their kids to behave," she scoffed, frustrated. "Victoria said I was being annoying, earlier, and Charlotte told the journalist "You're not coming" as they left. That's not acceptable, not from the family of a future Queen. And look, poor Charlotte is all over the papers because of her parents and sister!" She added with disappoint.