15. Prince Philip

A/N.

I decided to dedicate this chapter to Prince Philip 🖤

May he rest in peace. 🥀

***

The carriage stopped right in front of Kensington Palace. The two horses neighed while the man who was riding the carriage stood up, patted their backs and walked to the front door. There, he ringed the ball, and waited until someone opened.

"Your Royal Highness," the woman immediately curtsied seeing Prince Philip standing in front of her. "Good afternoon, Sir."

"Hello, lady" the old man grinned, making his way inside the apartment, without even being invited. "Is anyone of the family home, by any chance?"

"Hello, Grandpa" as an answer, William walked inside the room, smiling. As he reached his grandfather he bowed his head and proceeded kissing his cheeks. "How are you?"

"Still alive," Philip raised an eyebrow. "So no good news."

William sighed, between amusement and exhaustion. His grandfather had always joked about his health and death, but as time went by, he was starting to find those jokes less funny, and a bit more worrying. With a little shrug of the shoulders and a nod, he smiled back to Philip.

"Victoria should be down in a minute," he said. "Are you sure you want to go for a ride on the carriage with her?"

"Of course I am, you unfaithful grandson of mine. I can managed it." He replied, serious, causing William to giggle. "How's her?"

"Oh well. Physically, she has completly healed. She still despises us a bit - me, mainly. It wasn't Catherine's fault after all, really, and she really needed a parental figure to remain at her side, and she chose her - but it's much better than a week or so ago." He sighed.

"Has she spoken to the boy?"

"James hasn't been here yet. I'm worried about what could happen, I told him not to come." The Prince explained.

"You're teaching her to avoid problems, William." Philip scoffed. "That's not good. She needs to speak to him. That's the only way she can forgive you."

"We're in Scotland Grandpa, how can I get James here now?"

"Mh," Philip didn't even try to hide a laugh. "I'm sorry, not my problem. I can help you with those who are here, not with those who are in London."

With that being said, Philip turned as they heard footsteps on the stairs. Shortly after, Victoria appeared on the door and smiled wide seeing her great-grandfather.

"Hey, Great-pa!"

"Here's my favorite girl," the Prince smiled to his nickname, the one his eldest great-grandaughter had for him. It had been invented by his grandson, Harry, years before, as a pun: he was a grandfather, and he was great. A great-grandpa. In a short time Victoria, who was not older than five years old at the time, picked up the name and started calling Philip like that, and he loved it. He had been a Great-pa ever since.

Victoria approached the old man, kissing his cheeks and proceeded with a little curtsy. "Are you ready?" She asked, to what the Prince nodded.