8. Uncle Harry

Victoria closed the last button of her dress, fixing it. She smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She put on her shoes and grabbed her clutch. Then, she walked out of the room and downstairs, where her family was waiting.

"Are you ready?" Her father greeted her with a kiss on her forehead.

"Yeah," the princess smiled.

"Good." William placed an hand on her daughter's back, just like he used to do with his wife, gently pushing her forward. "Mum and Louis are coming, George and Charlotte are with Nanny Maria and should be here soon, as well." He explained.

"Great," Victoria smiled and nodded, wrapping her fingers around her clutch. She took a deep breath and sighed right after.

"Hey Mignonette," William immediately turned back to her, "Are you alright?"

His daughter lowered her head, staring at the floor. The truth was that there was a lot going on in her life at the moment, and she wasn't sure about how to deal with everything. From her being about to change school and leave her family for the first time in her life, to seeing her uncle changing under her eyes, to receiving more and more responsabilities because of her future roles. She wasn't sure she was ready for all of this, and she felt like the only people she could trust were Louise and James.

But she nodded, rised her head and smiled. "I am, dad, sorry. I was just thinking."

William stared at her for long. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

Luckly, in that moment Kate and Louis made their way into the room, followed shortly after by nanny Maria, holding George and Charlotte's hands.

"Seems like we're good to go," William announced with a smile. He stuck his hand out for his children to grab, and George immediately went to get it. Charlotte, instead, left her Nanny's hand to go grab her sister's. She turned her head up to Victoria, with a grin, causing her sister to smile.

"Thanks, Maria" Kate smiled to the Nanny just before she walked out the door.

The family was going to Clarence House to take the official family pictures for Prince Charles' 70th birthday, and since it wasn't an official event Nanny Maria wasn't required, as William and Kate could look after their children by themselves. It was a short car ride from one House to the other and within ten minutes the Cambridges arrived.

"One, two, three" Victoria smiled holding her sister's hand as she jumped off the car. Charlotte fell on her knees on the gravel, laughing. "Are you okay?" she asked with a smile, helping her standing up again.

Charlotte stood up, grinning. "All good."

"Girls," William smirked to his daughters, getting their attention. "Time to go, c'mon."

As they made their way inside the house, they were greeted by Charles and Camilla.

"Grandpa," Victoria went straight to Charles, who happily hugged her.

"How is it, that you're always taller than the time before, when we meet?" The Prince smiled, holding his first granddaughter's hands, making her laughing.

"I'm not, really" Victoria replied.

"Oh, as you say, then" Charles laughed. He later turned to William, keeping an hand on Victoria's back. By the look father and son exchanged, the Princess could tell there was going on between the two of them. After everyone was done greetings eachother, Charles smiled. "Well, the photographer is already in the garden, setting everything up. I guess as soon as Harry and Meghan are here, we can go."