9. Instagram

Victoria stared at her phone. She let her thumb move around the screen, reloading multiple times the page, even though there was no need to. She let out a sight and stood up, staring at her reflection in the mirror.

"I'll do it." She told herself.

Then she let herself sitting down on the chair again. The Instagram icon with its bright colors was popping on her screen. She has already downloaded it and she only needed to log in, to create an account, and it was done. But she knew she didn't have the permission to. But her aunt had an instagram page, and it bother anyone. She knew it was a different thing. Her aunt wasn't the heir to the throne, and she used her page mainly to keep in touch and promote her charities.

She let out a sight again and stood up, this time with more decision. She grabbed her phone and trotted out of her room, downstairs.

"Mum?" She called entering the kitchen, where her mother was busy cutting some carrots. She was determined, and she knew what she wanted. She just had to say that.

"Hey honey," Kate replied, placing down the knife and wiping her hands in a towel. "What's up?"

Victoria took few steps ahead, sitting on a chair. She placed her phone in front of her on the table, and turned to her mother.
"I need to ask you something," she said.

"Of course," was Kate's reply.

"I thought about it for a long time and I think that it could be nice and helpful, and it could help people to get in touch and feel closer to us, and-"

"What are you talking about?"

"I was getting there, but since you asked- Can I open an Instagram account?" She said the last part so quickly her mother barely heard.

"You want to do what?" The Duchess gave her a side look, dropping the carrots she just cut in a pot.

"It's almost 2019, mum" Victoria continued. "Everyone has one!"

"And you do, too" Kate raised her eyebrow, "It's Kensingtonroyal, and it perfectly does its job, doesn't it?"

"Yes it does but- I want a personal one! I want to follow my friends and see their pictures,"

"And what would you post?" Kate inquired.

Victoria knew it was her mother's main point. She had always been careful about exposing her children and the princess agreed with her.

"Just what I want to." Was Victoria's reply.

"Excuse me?"

Victoria took a deep breath. That was not only her mother's main point, but also hers.

"People want to see us, as much as they can, and if we don't give them pictures they'll get them by themselves. But if we give them more, small glimpses of our lives, carefully chosen by us- it will be great for everyone!" She explained.

Catherine stopped, staring at her daughter. She sighed. "Everything you post - dad and I have to see it. Everything. And I'm going to tell Eugenie, so she can keep a close eye on you. Either this way or nothing."

Victoria's eyes opened wide.

"Really?" She asked in disbelief. It turned out to be way easier than what she originally thought. "Is that a yes?" She screamed in an unusual high pitch.

Her mother smiled. "Maybe. I need to talk to your father first."

"Oh my God, yes!" Victoria ran to her mother, wrapping her in a hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll tell you everything, I'll let Genie watch my profile as much as you want! Thank you!" She screamed again. "Mummy, you're the best." She stated.