27. Now, what?

Princess Victoria is already following in the footsteps of her father, Prince William, by enrolling at the Royal Military Academy of Sandhurst.

The young Royal, who turned 19 in January of 2022, successfully applied for the University Officers' Training Corps, "a part-time leadership program offered for those studying at University".

According to the Statement Victoria, 19, will begin the course in the fall, around the same time as she will start University.

The Princess is currently studying at St Mary's School Ascot, the same chosen for her cousin Lady Louise Windsor, where they will both undertake their A-levels at the end of the year.

But before that, Victoria and her cousin will have a very important milestone to celebrate in just a couple weeks, as the Nation preparers to mark the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth with a fun-filled weekend.”

*

Victoria was lying in her bed, wide awake. The first lights of the morning were just starting to made their way inside of her room, but she had been awake for almost two hours now; two hours which felt like an eternity.

A general sense of unpleasantness took over her body, making her feel quite uncomfortable. She had been feeling like that for a few days now: first, since his uncle's phone call the week before. Then, since his first message. And his second. His third, fourth, fifth message which were all sent before she even had a chance to read the previous ones.

All on the same topic.

His uncle wanted to meet her, and her alone.

He wasn't coming for her parents, he said. He was coming for her. And he wasn't planning on coming back soon, so it was a one way situation – now or never. And she wasn't supposed to tell anyone where she was going.

They wouldn't let her, Harry said.

Thinking about it now, Victoria thought it started to sound more like a threat.

Now or never. Don't tell anyone.

Yet a sense of guilt was growing bigger and bigger, eating her from the inside for days, their most unavoidable side effect being sleepless nights. Just like the one she just had.

Sighting silently, she rolled around in her bed, thinking how she must have been feeling just like how most probably every single person in the rest of the world had felt at some point in their lives.

After all, what is the most normal thing ever if not family issues?

She got up and reached for her phone, turning it on and unlocking it. She wasn't surprised when she found two new messages from her uncle, Harry. Two more adding up to the old ones, for a total of nine messages. In twelve hours.

The last one had been sent together with a picture, an invitation to Lili's first birthday party, which was set to take place in the gardens of Frogmore Cottage within the week.

June 4th, to be exact.

After that, one last message.

If Royal duties are too heavy, we offer an alternative. Maybe you need a break? We would love to have you with us. Love; H, M, A, L

She definitely wasn't expecting that. She felt so guilty thinking what a pathetic move it was from her uncle to use her youngest cousin to try and set up a meeting between the two of them, just like he wanted. It felt like it was no longer a matter between her and him, but now there was family involved.

Meghan was involved.

The urge of stopping that whole thing there before it got out of hand had the better of her and almost before she knew it, she was typing an answer.