20. Tokyo 2020?

"Up, up, up and...Jump!" Zara clapped and smiled as she watched her goddaughter and niece completing a perfect jump over the obstacle and ending her run right at the finish line.

Victoria smiled as well, patting his horse's back as Zara climbed over the fence and approached her inside the field. "You did a really great job today, Vic" she stated, proudly. Zara, a professional equestrian, had been following the young Princess in her trining since she was a child. Victoria had clearly taken after her, and she had always been a great rider. Over the years, she had won multiple competitions, following her aunt's path, and was a well-know equestrians.

"Really? I was a bit tired, actually" she replied, her breathing still a bit heavy, while she took off her helmet and drank for the water bottle her aunt handed her.

"If that was a tired equestrian, I don't know what you cold have done at your best" she laughed. "You're su he a great rider dear, you remind me of myself at your age." She took back the almost empty water bottle and Victoria's helmet, placing them down near the fence. Then she stood for a second and seemed deep in her thoughts, so much that at some point Victoria tried to get her attention.

"Aunt? Are you okay?"

Zara shook her head and turned back to her with a wide smile. "Yeah, sorry, I was thinking..."

"Can I ask you... What?" The princess inquired. "Something abut me?"

"Actually yes. I... wanted to tell you something and I think that today is the right day. I no longer have the faintest doubt after your ride of today." She explained.

"What's that? Should I get worried?" She smiled, even thought deep down she was a bit concerned. Why was her aunt so mysterious? Had she done something wrong?

"Ok so, before I tell you, I want you to know that I'm not going to force you at all and that it's completely up to you. You're young and you have plenty of time even if you refuse this time, so is not that if you don't go then you're going to miss the opportunity forever. Okay?"

"Ehm-" Victoria was confused, but she nodded. "I guess so?"

"Alright. I spoke to your parents and they agreed- Kind of, but they also said it's completely your decision. So me and grandma Anne, we talked about it and we think you'd make a good fit for next year's Tokyo Olympics."

The Princess stared at her aunt with her eyes wide opened. She tilted her head slightly to the side and babble the first thing that came to her mind, "Me?".

Zara laughed. "Of course! You! Is there anyone else here?"

"Emh," Victoria slowly began pulling herself back together, still a bit in shock. "No, I mean, certainly... Certainly not, but still... Why me?"

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," Zara assured. "Is a lot of pressure, I'm not going to lie, but it's also a great opportunity, especially for those already used to be the centre of attention like you, and me." She explained.

"No, yeah, but... Do you think I'd able to?" She asked.

"Oh god, you?" Zara grinned. "You're the greatest rider I've seen in the last twenty years, little butterfly." She winked, bringing back Victoria's nickname from when she was a little girl happily riding her pony. "You'd leave everyone breathless."

A little smile appeared on Victoria's face. "But don't you need to train for years for the Olympics?"

"You've been training since you were litterally two years old, you won everything you could at the club tournaments, is there really anything else you could do?" She raised an eyebrow, amused. Zara was really sure her niece would have made a perfect rider for the Olympics, and was determined about getting her to Tokyo and getting her the medal she knew she deserved. Everything only if she agreed.