21. Finding Freedom?

"Backpack, suitcase, the crib..." Harry stared at their living room in Frogmore Cottege. Items were stacked all around ready to be brought out, and the whole house looked almost empty, even if they were going away only temporarily.

Or, at least, that was the plan Harry was aware of.

"There you go, Arch" Meghan entered the room and immediately went to place their son, who was just a little over six months, in his stroller. "All ready." She then walked over to her husband, wrapping her arm around him. "Are you okay?"

Harry grabbed her hand, kissing it. "I'm going to miss this. But I am."

The woman smiled. "This is only for the best. For our safety. Me and Archie will constantly be in danger if we don't leave. You don't want us to get hurt, uh? Or even worst. Right?"

"Of course not," the Prince shook his head. He didn't want to leave his home, his family. But he knew that he had a new family now, that he needed to protect, like his brother wasn't able to do for their mother. "I love you."

"I know," Meghan replied. "Now it's time to go." She grabbed his hand pulling him with her, making sure to leave as soon as possible. Just a few months earlier she quite liked that place, but at soon as the whole thing of the monarchy stopped working as she wanted it to, she had become impatient to leave as soon as possible, keeping her status and dropping all their duties.

Her original plan was finally slowly coming together, and she couldn't wait much longer to see the final result.

Closing the door of the Cottege behind them and leaving escorted by security, she swore to herself she would have never put a foot back in there, for any reason, ever.

***

"Hey H," Meghan smiled happily, bouncing Archie while walking towards her husband, sitting at the table of their home in the USA. She had just gotten back home after spending a few days away with her friend, and planning her next moves.

"Hey love," Harry stood up to kiss her, then picked up his son. "Did you have a great time with mama? Yes you did, yes you did" he laughed. The baby replied with a happy gurgle but was shushed almost immediately by Meghan, who called mother to go and take him with her.

Doria had been living with the couple since the birth of Archie, and she was their only help, which often lead to an overload of work for the woman, who was left alone taking care of the house and the baby.

Meghan used to spend her days reading tabloids, newspapers, online blogs and all sort of pages and accounts about her, Harry, their son and especially the Royal Family. She was obsessed about finding out what the people thought about her, what they thought was going on and how the stories she sent to be published were twisted and modified before getting out.

While doing so, she was also collaborating with two of her friends to write a book about her and Harry's love story. Her goal was to slowly begin sending out news trying to pull at the heartstrings to make people love her and despise the rest of the Royal Family until, eventually, she'd become the most loved member and finally reach her goals.

Harry, instead - to Meghan's deepest disappointment - was still trying to keep up with his patronages and works in London, advocating for meanthal health and his Invictus Game. Among her goals, there was also pushing him to the limit by ignoring him completely while he was doing his work, until he would eventually given up to get her attention back.

She knew it would have happened, sooner or later, and then it would have been only the two of them, without his family anymore, in any way.