24. Prerogatives

It had now been three days since that dinner that was now forbidden to mention between us, and I was in my car, on my way to one of our warehouses. It was one of those tedious tasks, where I had to teach some bastardo a hard lesson. Why can't they just be in their limits and not try to cross me like that? I don't think anyone in the mafia world wouldn't know about what kind of a man I am, yet they have the audacity to stand in front of me and challenge me. As if they were going to get their way this time.

All these trivial things are mostly handled by Luca, but this time, it got a bit out of hand. That rascal started to threaten Bria, after he saw her with us one day. Saying nasty things about her, and threatening to kill her didn't settle well with me, so now I have to go and give him a piece of my mind. In my gang, we also don't deal with rebels in the warehouse, but it was kind of an urgent situation, and I thought it will be better to have an audience, so that no one dares to raise their heads up like that ever again.

As the car reached the worn down place, my chauffeur hurriedly opened the door for me. I got out and straightened my coat, before seeing that my secretary was struggling to keep up with me. God, how I absolutely detested tardy people. That new brat can't even keep up with my long strides, how is he going to handle my business all by himself? Tonight, let's give him a show too.

Marco was waiting for me at the entrance, and quickly sprang to attention as my figure came in sight.

He ran over to me and briefed me about this man,
"Boss, the problem is Python. He had been secretly selling some of our drugs after stealing from us, and recently a gun was also missing. Our stock of new drugs and experimental materials was not caught by the police, but by another small rival gang, who were tipped by him. He has been creating such havoc since a long time now, and today, one of our other men caught him stealing three of our extremely pricey and precious guns. And you already know about the incident of threatening Bria."

I stared at him, expressionless, while my insides were seething with hot boiling blood. The nerve of that man!

"Which guns did he try to steal?"I asked him with gritted teeth.

This man had single handedly managed to make a fool out of my reputation, my pride. I wasn't going to let him see the end of this anymore.

"B-boss. That... that-"

"That what? I asked which guns?"

Silence. I could see that he understood my ire and was trying to control it by not disclosing every detail to me, but now, it was already too late. I had the prerogative to know about my gang, and to set things right. Suddenly, some recognition passed through my eyes.

"Are you... are you talking about the ones laden with diamonds? The ones meant for the royal family?"

He didn't answer, but him keeping his head down was enough inkling for me to comprehend what was going on. That asshole was really going to put me in such a difficult situation and I would have to endure literal abyss because of that filthy excuse of a human. My hand twitched violently inside my coat's pocket, wanting to be freed so that it could take a hold of my gun and push all six bullets into that imposter's fucking head.

"W-where is he?" I asked him finally, my voice trembling with rage.

"Inside boss. We have him tied up." Marco replied immediately and I let out a little sigh of relief knowing that the weapons were still safe, and that the man was still in my hold.

After composing myself for a moment, I straightened my back again and walked inside with the intention of spilling blood. As I entered the warehouse, everyone's attention landed on me, as I was greeted with almost twenty pairs of eyes. Right in the middle of the place, was the said man, in ropes so tight he couldn't escape them in fifty years. He was already battered and bruised, and when I saw Luca standing by his side, I realized the reason behind it. As his eyes landed on me sluggishly, he started to smile.

"The boss... came to see me personally...wow, I'm so- so famous!" He said in a low taunting voice, testing my patience, but I kept silent.

I knew people like him almost always rebelled just to gain attention and have some sort of leverage over the boss. They don't have the patience to work under someone loyally for years and take over the business rightfully, and just want to act too smart for their nominal posts. And I wasn't going to lose myself to such filth on the bottom of my shoe.

"Are you happy that you attempted to steal my most prized possession?"

"Happy? I... was fucking delighted to steal it...." He said again, reiterating his crime but never showing even a single shred of guilt.

"Why?"

One simple question was asked. And one simple answer was what I wanted.

"You- you're not the boss everywhere, you know? There are... there are so many big shots after you. And I'm not... alone. They will come here, to get me."

What? This man had more power behind him? And who was more powerful than me? I looked at Luca in confusion who had the same expression as mine. Nobody in my gang had believed that he could have some backup. So fucking great!

"What the fuck are you talking about? Who the hell is your backup? That stupid little gang you partnered with?"

He chuckled before coughing up some blood. Then slowly he uttered three words as I heard cars zooming around the warehouse and the footsteps of at least a few dozen men.

"The Moshchnost Gang."

--------------------------------------------