3. Familia

(The next morning...)

Today's workout session was probably the hardest one in have had since a long time. Lately, things have been so awfully boring for me that I forgot what life was about. Yesterday, during the dinner with my mamma and also after that, I felt so incredibly mad. I was mad at myself. I had done enough injustice to her and whatever happened today was the punishment I gave to myself for not being considerate of her.

As I walked towards my penthouse apartment, with clothes which were wet and sticky with my sweat and a few bruises on my face and body after I had a sparring match with my trainer, I froze midair. My hand that held the key was on the door while my ears pricked and all the other senses heightened. I could hear movement inside my apartment. Even though the security was high and there was no way any outsider could come inside, I was not going to overlook this situation.

I quickly pulled out my gun from my gym bag and stealthily moved closer to the door. 'These people should have not messed with me.' I thought before I froze... again. There was a high pitched shriek, probably belonging to a girl, that came from my apartment. I recognized that shriek immediately. It could be none other than her. Then, I also recognized the second manly, deep timbre of voice which wasn't deeper than mine, but still deep enough to be attractive for the ladies. The Marino siblings were home. But, what were they even doing here?

I pressed the numbers of my passcode before walking inside unbothered. It was already a rough session at the gym and I didn't want to be bothered by anyone but unfortunately, Luca and his younger sister, Bria don't fall in that category. These guys have given themselves the license to come annoy me whenever they have time. Especially Bria.

She is a spoilt girl who grew up under the care of her elder brother, unharmed and oblivious to all that Luca went through to get where he is today. She has black hair and brown eyes - just like her brother and resembles him to the extent that a stranger would think they are twins. She had been in Australia for studies all this while and must have come back now. Even though she looks beautiful and acts like an idiot, she is extremely intelligent and handles a lot of our work.

"Hey Tiger! You are finally home!"
Came her high pitched voice as soon as I plopped myself on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm back. But don't ask me for a hug because I'm not getting up,"
I told her before she could whine about it.

"I see, you are as cold as ever. Why did I even think an ass like you could change. You just sit here and destroy your couch with that revolting sweaty smell of yours and stay away from me,"
She said, now obviously hurt but gave me an amazing idea.

I stood up abruptly,
"Actually, now that I think about it, not giving you a hug was very rude and disrespectful of me. And I really don't want you to think that I abhor your right? Now come here, give me a hug."

She looked at me up and down and scoffed,
"Oh shut up Tiger. Just go freshen up and come down fast, the breakfast I prepared will cool down."

"Why did you prepare breakfast as the first thing in the morning? You should be resting, it must not have been long since you came back, right?"

"You are always trying to boss me around. I did sleep but I couldn't sleep after seven in the morning and so, I thought, why not make good use of my time? I think you should be glad that I'm following you footsteps instead of following my idiot of a brother, so now go upstairs and don't waste your precious time. "

Oh the joy to get lectured by someone like that.

"You know that I let you go every time because it's you, right? If it was anyone else, they would have been dead by now,"
I put the gun in my hand on her forehead in a teasing manner but look at this girl's courage, she didn't even flinch. That's what I like the most about her, even if she grew up sheltered by me and Luca, she still has the guts to go through any sort of crappy situation and not even bat an eyelid.