31. Informative

Neck deep in work, I thought I was about to lose my mind if I didn't take a break. But the project was to start in a few days, and there just wasn't any time to lose. With a pounding head because of a very interesting night with Sophia, I continued with my work, hoping to finish it in one go. Since Sophia officially became my girlfriend, I've been invited everywhere – to my mamma's, to the Bria siblings' house, and Paul too invited me over. And all of this happened in just the past month. It was as if they were more ecstatic about my relationship than I was.

For me, this was definitely a new feeling, because I was only accustomed to getting girls in bed with me at night, and throw them out of it the next day. This prolonged feeling of liking towards the same person was creepy for me in the past, and so I stayed away from it. Even at present, I'm not fully invested, but I'm trying. God knows that I am, because I wouldn't tolerate anyone sneaking into my library only after spending three days at my place.

It was unusual, and totally uncalled for her to intrude into my private space like that, and since she was genuinely clueless about my paranoia and strict principles, I let her go with a stern warning. My library isn't just a place where I relax and unwind through working, it also contains each and every vital piece of information of The WildCats, and about Roberto. It was not only my life, but the life of hundreds of my employees in the gang and the hotels. Anyone entering in, and messing with it would mean my destruction.

Which reminds me of the most important thing I forgot to do – get better security for the study. Just as I got off the phone with the best technician in town, the door opened and in stepped Luca and Bria. Finally, time to get off of work.

"Bria, you look better than the last time I saw you. Where have you been?" I greeted her with a side hug, while she collapsed into the couch in exhaustion.

"Just had the most powerful and draining duel with my brother. Why the fuck is he so strong? You're literally so stupid, you aren't even allowed to be so built!" She exclaimed, being her usual dramatic self.

"Oh, in the case, you too aren't supposed to be a blonde, but do you see me complaining?" He fired back, which comically and successfully shut her up.

"Alright, before this goes out of hand, can you tell me why are you here with Bria? Something the matter?" I quickly interrupted, not wanting to increase my already worse headache with their pointless bantering.

"Oh so now I can't even visit you without there being an emergency? Great to hear that!" She said, making me chuckle at her cuteness.

Pulling out a cigarette from my front pocket, I lit it before settling back into the sofa comfortably. "You can, Bria. Just don't stall whatever you came here to tell me, you know I'm an inpatient man," I reassured her, which loosened her up a little.

"Okay, whatever. This problem is about the bastard who fucked us up almost two months ago. And more than that, it's about the gang who supports him. We've got all that you asked for," She said, which made me forget all about my hotels, at least for the time being.

"So you do come bearing great news, perfect. Let me see what you have on them."

"This man had been wanting to climb higher through the ranks after joining for just six months, and he coincidentally met Viktor, an integral part of Moshchnost. I know that it so wasn't accidental, and they have been planning this from a long time. Viktor was the reason this bastard started thinking of a future where he could usurp you and become the leader, and so what happened, unfurled in that way.

"Now, you will wanna ask about this Moshchnost gang. They're one of the growing mafias in Russia, and have immense power – not only in their region, but also in different countries around the world. They have managed to achieve this by joining hands with the Wangjwa in Korea, and the Il Uccisore in Italy." Luca completed, which left the three of us in a very awkward silence for a few seconds, as I had somehow become slower than usual, when it came to my understanding skills.

"So, you mean to say that it was all Roberto's doing?" I asked slowly, as I remembered Il Uccisore to be his gang.

"Maybe, but we can't be sure that they're after us for their personal rivalry. It could just be another rampage where the more powerful triumphs over the less powerful and completely destroys them," He said, which only increased my confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Similar activities had been found in The Shadow too, a few years ago. This alliance thought the gang had become too weak, and had no future because Arnold has no son, so some of their men infiltrated and tried to take over. But they didn't know he was smarter than that. The old man had adopted a daughter out of nowhere, and sent her to clear out this mess. It's been a while, but Chiara Adams is still remembered for the sublime skills she portrayed in her very first time," Bria concluded, which had me thinking more about this mysterious girl than about the impending danger.

"So this is the plan. Thanks, you guys. I'll take over from here."

This was a crucial time and it couldn't be taken lightly. Not only did I have the danger of not being able to avenge my father's death, but I was also about to lose everything that I have worked for until now.

I will have to show these men exactly what it means to be powerful. And that there's a reason no one has ever messed with us.