10. Bitter & Twisted

We had been waiting for Roberto to arrive for the past fifteen minutes now. The strip club was finally alive as the girls came on the stage one by one and took their positions for each spot throughout the place. Luckily, nobody had come to our table at the back yet. But the moment I let Luca know about my pleasure that nobody was performing for us tonight, I regretted it a lot.

"And you think this is a good thing?"

Luca started off, and I already knew what he was going to say next.

"They aren't coming because we are here with hats on our faces and mouths set in a grim line. Why would any girl want to associate with such mysterious people? At this rate, I wouldn't even be shocked if our enemy actually came to know that we are here for them, by our sketchy behaviour."

"Oh God. It was just ONE sentence. You couldn't let me win for ONCE. It's not that we can actually stop being suspicious and let ourselves be seen by him directly. We can't be in plain sight okay? This is awfully important and I'm not going to mess up."

"I know, and that's the only reason why I'm here today - in these hideous clothing and acting like a bloody spy,"

He said annoyingly.

If you looked at him closely, he was always complaining when things didn't go his way. Because he was so accustomed to having plethora of girls by his side wherever he went, I could comprehend his frustration when he couldn't even get one girl because of me. That was the kind of effect I had on girls. These girls are all gold diggers, who want attention, and lots of dosh. Which is why I don't associate with them.

And when these kind of girls meet me, they are immediately intimidated. They are scared of me because I don't have Luca's kind eyes or his flirty behavior. I'm just me - blunt, cold, silent, and ruthless. I don't ever give a damn about these innumerable beauties roaming around me because I know they can't handle me. Only someone who has a really strong personality herself will be able to stand up to me.

'And I'm going to wait for her, no matter it takes,' I thought while my subconscious was already dipped in the pool of a certain hard-headed girl, who absolutely has no docile bone in her body.

I was broken out of my reverie by Luca who subtly pointed his chin towards the entrance of the club, where its name, Bitter & Twisted, was written in neon letters. Standing by the door, was the man I abhorred in this whole wide world. The reason for my suffering, and the one who will end it all with his blood.

He entered the place arrogantly while his two... four... six bodyguards? Six bodyguards trailed after him.

"Wow, he reaally loves his life, doesn't he?"

Luca remarked, exaggerating the 'really' in a way which screams Luca.

"I know right. But it won't be of any use tonight. He will not come out alive from this place."

I promised him and myself too.

He looked around for Bria, the girl he was about to meet, before she stood up herself from the opposite side of the room and gestured to him by lightly waving her hand.

Roberto Alfonsi was just the same as the last time I saw him. Those cold, stormy and dangerous grey eyes and that characteristic smirk painting his lips, hair dyed black and gelled back, and a classy black and white suit.

Nothing had changed, yet here I was, my heart becoming a tornado with different emotions swirling inside. It was to the extent that I had to force my gaze away from him and focus on something else. I couldn't even look at him in the face. I just didn't have the courage to.

"I think it's time to alert everyone in the back."

Luca told me as we both discreetly watched him move over to Bria's table.

"Tell the men waiting in the basement to start their mission. Not one man from their side should be able to get out alive from there. Tonight, we need to be the most vicious."

After Luca gave the exact same instructions to our men, we waited for a while. Patiently. But never letting out guard down. Roberto's guards were constantly looking around, trying to find even one person who dared to raise a finger at their boss, but they are usually like that so I didn't sense anything off about it.

Soon, the two got up from their seats. That bastardo had his filthy hand wrapped tightly around Bria's waist, making our blood boil. Luca's hand was tucked in a tight fist, while he kept his murderous expression on Roberto.

"This bastard!! How dare he touch my baby sister like that?! I'm going to end him today."

He gritted out, slightly shaking from ire.

"Don't worry, we're here to do just that."

I alerted Marco, who was hiding in the room they were about to use in the hotel. Everything was going according to our plan. Soon, I will be victorious and his throat will be in my hands. Energy, excitement and tremendous anticipation was coursing through my veins - the sound of all of it combined so loud that it drowned the crowd. Everything was so small and insignificant compared to what I was feeling inside.

"We will wait here for ten more minutes before heading upstairs. In the meantime, we should receive good news from the basement team too."

I said to Luca, while downing my second glass of whiskey. I was a really strong drinker, hence I could drink such a hard drink without feeling dizzy in the slightest. However, I knew I had to control myself because at some point, even I was a human and even I could ruin all my chances at proper revenge if I didn't restrain myself.

'Delicious whiskey wasn't running anywhere.' I thought.

Just then, Lucas's phone started buzzing loudly. The all too familiar ringtone was blaring through desperately giving us a signal, but we were just too shocked to react in any way. The panic button attached to Bria's necklace had been pressed.

She was in danger. And she needed more backup.

Merda!

--------------------------------------------