25. The Moshchnost Gang

Four dozen men in front of just twenty? How the fuck was that fair? But that's how the world works – they strike the moment you stop running. There's no escape.

As I heard their footsteps coming closer to the door of the warehouse, trapping us from all the sides, I knew that we were fucked. So fucking royally fucked. I had to think, and I had to be fucking quick, since I was the lead here.

Removing my gun from my coat, I removed the coat as well and threw it in a random direction. It was as useless as a needle is in a sword fight. I cocked the gun in the traitor's direction, aiming directly for his head. He understood my intentions almost immediately and the horror in his eyes was what I was waiting for. He would be gone from this world even before his entourage had the chance to fight for him. Not that they would, anyways. This dickhead didn't understand that they were only using him as a pawn in their plans.

Before he could even utter a single sound of protest or prayer, I pulled the trigger and the bullet launched itself with mighty force before lodging perfectly and snugly into his forehead. Game over, pezzo di merda. (Piece of shit.)

Furious rattling could be heard at the door, no, both the doors as they tried to unlock the high security locks. Although it wasn't easy, it wasn't entirely impossible to break them and it was only a matter of time before we would be facing a little army of men.

Glancing towards Luca, I signalled something to him which he understood and immediately ran off in a different direction, unknown to our men. I went over to my secretary and called Marco over.

"You two, take the package and leave through the secret door, now. Drop him off to his house and come back with more men. And do it under thirty minutes. That's all I can give you. Kill people if you want to, you know the drill." I ordered Marco as my secretary shook in his pants beside us. I never wanted to put him in such a situation and find out all about this, but now he won't have a way out, ever. It's not like I had time to feel sorry for this bitch, so I told them off with a flick of my wrist.

More rattling was heard and at the same time, I heard Luca come back with more weapons – namely machine guns that could blow up the whole warehouse. I signalled to my men to pick up their respective weapons – it was show time. I was Tiger King, and fucking with The WildCats wasn't a luxury just anyone could have, let alone killing me.

The door finally broke open after numerous attempts on their side, and although it seemed as if it had been an hour, only five minutes had passed since. With the prized possessions out of the way through the secret tunnel, and the traitor's body pushed to the side, there were no more hurdles or limitations on what we could, and couldn't do. Therefore, as soon as the first troop entered, shots were fired instantly.

This wasn't a negotiation, it was war. These men were trained to kill, to shed blood, and blood is what they will shed tonight. Just, not ours.

Our men weren't kids either. We moved forward relentlessly and dauntlessly, firing rounds after rounds, shredding their bodies with gaping holes. Once some of the men of the enemy came far enough, they ran off in different directions, aiming for the things they were promised to find tonight. Too bad we were fucking quick. Their plan of distracting us might have worked well, but only because we had nothing to protect but ourselves. Even if I had to burn all other belongings and materials, the guns were out of here, and they were what mattered the most in this moment.

Once they discovered we weren't running out of weapons, they came at us all at once. It was definitely draining us and taking a toll on us, but we couldn't back down. I bellowed at them to keep going, as I secretly wished we could hold up until the time our back up arrives. How ironic was that just one man and one wrong move could become the reason for our dead bodies? Just one man could have destroyed a decades old gang in minutes.

The sudden realization burned and engraved itself in my head, giving rise to an inexplicable ire within me. How dare they try to sabotage me and destroy what my ancestors left me with? How dare they destroy the only wealth my father left me with? How dare they even try to put their hands on something which was so sacred to me? These fucking idiots will definitely get their punishment tonight.

With renewed energy, I threw the machine gun away, resorting to pulling my knife out of my sock, where I invariably had a weapon. In the wide run-down space which was now filled with numerous bodies and splashes of crimson blood, I marched forward. Mercilessly slashing all those who dared to cross me, I swiped through them with ease and practiced precision.

I fought and fought until there was no one to fight. Blood was running down my face, seeping through my shirt and dripping down my hands, but I still grinned like a maniac. Al least, my men were safe. Although we were all bruised and battered, I couldn't see any trace of sadness or fear on any of their faces. They all beamed like children receiving their favorite candy, and the sight made me grin after a long, long time. Moshchnost gang or not, we were the true kings of New York.

But then, I heard another set of engines revving and coming to a halt outside. Completely drained of energy, I looked towards Luca in panic. Who the fuck was it, again? The door that was left ajar, opened fully this time. And then, through half-closed lids, I saw a familiar figure and heard an extremely familiar voice.

"Where are those bastards?"

And I finally allowed myself to collapse on the ground, a contented smile playing on my lips.

"All down Paul. The game's over."