2. Risks

"Hello? Are you here? Or did you transport to a different dimension?"

Came the annoying voice of my only best friend who seemed to be standing right beside me.

"Just sit down and tell me about what you found out."

I said while my eyes were still closed.

"What were you even thinking of huh? You looked... deep in thought. So much so that even I got soft on you for a second."

He said, sitting down and making himself comfortable on the sofa in the middle of the room.

"What's the big deal today? You always go soft on me."

I said haughtily while I also proceeded to take a seat beside him.

"Well, I do have some information. He does not do business in this country yet but we don't know his intentions, he might want to expand his business and he might do it very soon..."

Luca started off but I just raised an eyebrow at him.

"So, what you want for me to do is sit here and wait patiently for him to come to New York? Even though you knew how much I would loathe this plan, you still believe in it?"

"Then what other options do we have? How can we catch him best if not in our territory?"

He asked me in a tired tone of voice, telling me how done he actually was talking about this.

"Why do you always think taking risks is a bad idea? A risk is something which can end in both ways - so why do you always repudiate the possibility of success and automatically assume that everything will be ruined?"

I asked, getting irritated.

"I've told you myriad of times that you shouldn't discuss business if you are angry. Try to calm down for a second and don't be so fucking defensive okay? I'm just trying to look out for you but I guess that's just a fucking sin."

He said, now completely serious.

I sighed.

"I know you are but that can't stop me from reaching my goal. And if I get scared at every step I take, then am I man? No, I'm a fucking coward!"

"Okay, so to satisfy your male ego, what do you need to do so badly? How are you going to catch him?"

"We will go there. I can't wait for him to arrive here."

"And? I know you won't go there without a definite plan."

Luca asked me.

"That's the direction I want you to work in. Find out all about the smaller gangs in that place. What their role is, how much of their loyalty is bought by money and how much of it is genuine, their business secrets - I need everything. Only then, will I make the first move."

I ordered him.

"That sounds more like a plan. Okay then, I will need some time to do that. But I also wanted to tell you  something more important,"

He said, increasing my curiosity.

"More important? What's more important than this?"
I asked him.

"The fact that he is also into trafficking of girls."

"What? Since when?"

I asked him, surprised but definitely not disappointed. This man was just getting worse but that's how he is. Absolutely revolting.

"I think it's been a few years. He has many smaller gangs working under him for this purpose. Which brings me to our plan, why don't we target only those gangs? You should also know that these kind of people have no loyalty towards anyone. They just need to sell the girl and get the money."