Chapter 4

***Chapter 4***

Chapter 4: LASTING IMPRESSIONS?

The awkward moment when everyone is staring at you with their mouths hung open was empowering me and surrounding me like a massive, dark cloud.

Even Anthony had this weird look on his face as his eyes froze on me.

Damn, what is happening?

After what seemed like a long time, the fan girl who was behind me just now turned to me and with her brows furrowed, she explained...

"Erm... Anthony's birthday is on September 16, which is not today. Today is September 6."

ARGH DAMN IT! I WAS SO ANXIOUS JUST NOW THAT I COULD NOT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN 16 AND 6?

Oh wow I totally flunked! Right in front of my crush, right in front of Ian, right in front of hundreds (or maybe thousands) of fans!

How wonderful.

I longed for nothing but a hole right now for me to sneak into, for me to cower away from this horrifically embarrassing situation.

Luckily, Ian broke the ice just when I was already on the verge of crying.

"Guess this little girl here is so anxious that she messed up Anthony's birthday. Ah, if only our dear Anthony is born 10 days earlier, isn't it? Well, that was great spirit! Wishing her idol was 10 days older! Let's give her a clap, should we?"

No one clapped.

My cheeks felt like they were on fire and the feeling in my heart now was so horrible that I could have taken a knife and stab myself.

Trying to control the urge to do something rash, I summoned my frozen feet to escape from the humiliating scene.

They listened to me and I could only recall myself speeding away from the scene as quickly as I could manage with my hot, burning tears dripping down onto the ground as I ran...

Far away from everyone there, who does not even care about me and I believe, who will make a joke out of my foolish actions when I left.

However, as I ran, I mustered out enough courage to turn back briefly. And to my surprise, I spotted Anthony studying me with an interested yet concerned look on his face.

Our gazes met, but he immediately tore his glance away from mine as another fan went forward to ask him some sort of question which I did not hear...

******************************

The food center just beside the convention center was buzzing with activity as it was a Sunday.

I sat at an isolated seat in the corner, weeping and weeping uncontrollably with the sadness enveloping me like a storm cloud.

As I stared blankly at the slip of paper with Anthony and Ian's autograph on it, I laughed coldly at myself and mumbled, my voice hopeless and still trembling.

"So, this is how my first and only interaction with Anthony turn out to be. Been laughed at everyone, been humiliated by all the fans. I am never returning back to that convention center."

And now I would not be able to see Anthony ever again. I had already missed out this golden chance and it is unlikely that smosh would visit once more.

I buried my head in my arms, not willing to accept this painful reality, the emotional torture killing me at the same time.

"Hi. May I have a seat here?"

A familar voice that I seemed to have heard before somewhere made me jerk my head up.

I could not believe my eyes...

Because right in front of me, just a few centimeters away, was...

Anthony Padilla...

No. NO.

I must be crazy. Anthony would have forgotten about me by now already.

The suspicions that I am imagining things dissipated when Anthony sat down on the chair beside me.

My heart jumped. I was instantly alert.

Is it really him? Yes, that is really Anthony!

Cold sweat was then pouring down my tear-stained face and that exhilarating sensation of interacting with Anthony came back again.

"I am sorry. I should have done something earlier on. Perhaps like cracking a joke. This might get you out of the awkward situation."

Anthony spoke before I could get back to my senses.

I was stunned, my mind a total blank as I stared on at Anthony, my eyes (I believe) wide.

Wait, why is he apologising?

"It...It is alright. It is...is not...your,erm, fault... I am...to...be...be blamed...for forgetting..."I stuttered, still unable to believe Anthony is now sitting beside me, chatting with me.

It was then that I realised with shock that...

Isn't it still the autograph session? Isn't Anthony supposed to be still in the convention center?

I voiced that out before I could stop myself.

Anthony laughed warmly.

"We postponed that to tomorrow. A day's delay in a simple autograph session is nothing compared to a minute's delay to a fan's needs."

I nearly had a heart attack at that.

WHY IS HE SO CARING TOWARDS ME?

Is this real? Am I dreaming? He postponed it just for...me, a insignificant fan girl?

I still can't bring myself to believe that...

I am talking to Anthony Danger Padilla now.

I could feel the world spinning and my heart pounding so fast I could hear it drumming in my ears.

Yes, it is Anthony. No doubt. That tan, that skin, that attire.

I AM TALKING TO HIM NOW! HE IS TALKING TO ME NOW WITH THAT FAMILIAR SMILE HE ALWAYS HAS IN HIS VIDEOS!

And then I could only see darkness...