Chapter 11

***Chapter 11***

*I AM MRS PADILLA* A SMOSH LOVE STORY

Chapter 11: HOPE

I took a step. Another. And yet another.

And with every step that I took, my heart just sank further and further down into a seemingly never-ending pit.

The wind caressed my hair, and I thought I heard it hum a depressing symphony.

I tried to think of happier things to brighten myself up. But the problem is, those events in my life that I considered as "happy" are all somehow linked to Anthony.

It was then that I understood the huge impact Anthony have had on my life.

He meant a great deal to me.

A familiar figure entered my vision then. That build, that hair...

He was just standing in front, leaning against a tree with his back facing me.

Isn't that none other than...my ANTHONY?

I froze abruptly, nearly losing my balance as I did so.

Is he...waiting for me? He had...seen my note? He wants me back?

Hope ignited in my heart. There is still a chance for this!

I took a deep breath.

"ANTHONY, I AM HERE!" I screamed as I gathered all my strength to rush towards him.

Happiness shot through me as he loomed nearer and nearer into my sight.

And then I stumbled.

I let out a sharp gasp as my shoe hit the bench leg.

I struggled to keep myself steady but before I knew it, I was already on the ground face-first.

I groaned as I sensed excruciating pain on my forehead.

Great, how many times had I actually embarrassed myself in front of Anthony?

As I struggled to get up, I heard an unrecognizable voice just in front of me ask, "Are you alright, girl? Need any help?"

Startled, I looked up to see an unfamiliar face.

It is the guy leaning against that tree just now! And he is NOT Anthony!

ARGH! What the freak!

I was on the verge of blowing it but the concerned look on his face put me off from doing so.

"Never mind, I can manage by myself, I guess," I mumbled slowly as I forced myself up.

I could feel blood trickling down my forehead.

"You really don't need me to send you to the clinic nearby?" The guy queried as he studied the wound.

I shook my head and after mumbling a quick "thank you", I ran off.

Why? I ask myself. WHY?

Stop dreaming, I told myself. Snap out of it.

Anthony would never come looking for you. Just snap back to reality already. He would never love you. He might even have forgotten about you by now.

My heart, it hurts so much right now.

Where should I go? Who will actually love me? I am all alone now.

I tried to focus on the sound of my shoe crunching against the leaves to bring my mind elsewhere, but it is not working at all.

My vision blurred as more tears gathered in my eyes, but I don't care.

I just kept on going.

I quickened my pace. I just want to leave this saddening place as fast as I could, I just don't want to be reminded of anything that is related to this one-sided love anymore.

As I hastened my footsteps, every movement around me seemed to intensify too.

The tune of the night insects and the rustling of the bushes...

Everything seemed to be probing me to go faster, and faster, and faster.

I ran. I ran the fastest I had ever ran.

The sense of freedom I felt as I bolted down the streets was exhilarating.

It felt as if I am throwing down all my troubles behind me, never looking back at them again. I am free.

All those moments we shared were just things of the past and I am now disposing of them.

They are all gone.

"WAIT, STOP!"

Abruptly I heard a voice call out. It sounded urgent, as if it was beckoning to me to turn back right now.

It sounded like Anthony.

I shook my head.

Stop this, I shouted to myself in my head, stop imagining things! You would only make a fool out of yourself! Anthony doesn't even care about you!

I was running so fast that I could feel the strong gush of wind blowing past me.

Still I picked up my pace.

"STOP! I SAY STOP!"

The voice was so much more clearer now.

Something in my head probed me to skid to an abrupt halt.

And before I could react, I felt a strong tug from behind me. I succumbed to the force...

Then I found myself standing on the edge of the road.

Before I could even cry out a "Huh", a car whizzed past me at top speed, missing me by merely a few inches.

What just happened to me?

Suddenly I sensed a strong, familiar presence from behind me.

"Why were you so careless? You just ran across the road like that-that car nearly hit you! Do you know how worried I got when you just left like that?" The voice cried out all in a rush.

Wait, isn't that...?

I spun around, just in time to make direct eye contact with those ever so cute brown eyes...

Anthony! Is that really him?

Yes, it is. YES IT IS HIM!

Waves of emotions surged through me. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out somehow.

Anthony's brown eyes were full of concern. And as I continued staring at him, stunned, he tightened his grip on my arm.

Like he was afraid to let me go...

"Where did you go? Do you know how horrible I feel without you? I thought it all out, I thought it all out!" He continued, the intensity in his voice becoming increasingly prominent.

That last two sentences struck me. My mind went blank and before I could even collect myself, Anthony pulled me closer to him, so close that I was just a few centimeters away from his beautiful face, so close that I could feel his anxious hot breath on me, so close that I could see those flustered features of his...

Note to readers: Keep on reading, my dear readers! You all will love it! :)