Chapter 3

***Chapter 3***

Chapter 3: NOW OR NEVER

"OMG! SMOSH IS COMING HERE FOR AN AUTOGRAPH SESSION!?!?" I cried out.

The tweet splashed onto smosh's twitter page totally captured my attention.

My heart skipped a beat. My brain keep repeating the same question, over and over.

Is it freaking true?

With trembling hands and a heart that had already swelled with trepidation, I dived right into smosh's familar, official website: smosh.com.

There, the striking post lit up the spark in me.

Yes, it is totally true...

I nearly dropped my phone to the floor as a sense of been electrified struck through me.

One look at the details of the session and I could memorise them already.

Date: 6 September 2012

Venue: Mills Convention Center

Time: 2 pm to 4 pm

I nodded firmly to myself as I read out the details clearly for the millionth time.

"I DON'T CARE! REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER ODDS OR CHALLENGES... ANTHONY, I AM COMING FOR YOU!" I screamed out till I could no longer feel any air in my lungs.

Weary, I hopped onto my bed, still jumping up and down like an insane girl.

Finally. Finally the chance for me to meet Anthony up-close, to meet him in person.

Although this is only a small step towards my wish, doesn't a journey to a thousand miles all begin with the first tiny step?

Filled with hope, I circled the date on my calendar with such force that my pen tip broke, spilling the ink all over my shirt.

But I simply don't care. I could feel myself trembling from the strong anticipation, or rather, am I hyperventilating?

That sense of anticipation grew more and more intense as day by day, I counted down to 6 September, thinking about nothing but Anthony Padilla every single day.

For the first time, time seemed to pass so slowly.

"6 September, I am coming for you!" Yet again I mumbled.

******************************

To sneak out of the house while my parents were out for a movie was totally easy and quick.

I grabbed a casual shirt (I have no money to afford any lavish ones) and without any make-up (I am totally bad at make-up), I sped out of the house, the slip of paper for their autographs clutched tightly in my hand.

"It must be the shooting star. It must be it." I cried out, still unable to believe that Anthony is in Singapore right now.

As the bus rumbled towards the Suntec Convention Center, my hazy mind could think of nothing but Anthony.

That I am coming for him, that I would do anything for him...

I was in such a daydreaming state that when the air con blasting at full speed hinted that I was already in the convention center, I was surprised.

The extreme excitement in my heart made me feel a little dizzy but taking countless deep breaths, I turned to locate where Anthony was, still asking myself whether if this was just a hallucination or whether this was actually reality.

Am I really going to meet Anthony, the guy I had always been dying to meet? Will he spot me? Will I be able to huddle close to him and if lucky, take a photo with him?

Or was this just a simple, sweet dream after all?

No further confirmation was needed because at this precise moment, a shrill, amazed scream of a girl was heard and, accompanying the scream, I spotted a huge pile of crowd dashing crazily towards a white table at the side of the center.

Was it... Anthony?

My breath was becoming short and ragged and I could not breathe properly.

Taking yet another deep breath, I followed the crowd silently while trying to make sure my legs are not going to buckle and give way from all the anxiety...

IS THIS A HALLUCINATION?!?!?!

Because right in front of me, partially blocked by the crowd, was...

Anthony Padilla!

It was undeniable.

He is now sitting in front of the crowd on a plastic chair, all smiles. That unmistakable playful expression, that tan and the hair...

My prince on a white horse is here to fetch me!

My dream had came true! I finally can meet Anthony in real-life!

I can't believe this. I can't believe this is happening to me right here, right now.

I could only remember my brain in such a turmoil that it triggered me to totally break down. I was so agitated that all I could only do was to cry, out of pure joy.

Before I knew it, I was already all sobs and in a total mess.

BECAUSE I AM MEETING ANTHONY! I AM MEETING HIM! AND GETTING AN AUTOGRAPH FROM HIM! MAYBE EVEN A PHOTO!

I recalled myself, out of all the excitement, become so weak that I stumbled backwards and was about to fall. Luckily, a fan girl queuing up behind me held me just in time when I was just going to land onto the ground.

When I spun round to bade my thanks, I realised she was crying too. Everyone simply could not control their emotions at the prospect of finally meeting the two online stars in real life for the first time ever.

Before I could even react, I heard Ian's friendly voice just beside me.

"Next please! Come on guys, let's get it going!"

I nearly fainted when it occurred to me it was actually my turn already.

Feeling light-headed and with shaky hands, I neared Ian and... (Oh my goodness) Anthony before I placed the small slip of paper on the table for them to sign on.

Ian signed first and I simply looked on, my heart already fluttering at the fact that Anthony would be the next.

And here comes the moment...

Anthony did not really stare at me as he signed on my paper, but I immediately seize the chance to study his facial features, my heart nearly bursting and my whole self hyperventilating as I did so.

His chocolate-brown eyes, his beautiful grin...

"Erm, girl?"

Anthony's voice rang into my ears out of the blue, shaking me out of my trance.

I focussed and oh my goodness!

Anthony is calling me and he is looking at me with those bright, brown eyes!

He is acknowledging my presence, he finally get to know of my existence! He finally is seeing his future lover...me!

A gasp of wonderment escapes through my throat before I could stop it and suddenly, I remembered.

Isn't it Anthony's birthday today?

I must be totally in a trance and not aware of my actions then, because without further thinking, I did what my instincts told me to do.

I shouted out a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ANTHONY!" without even realising that I was doing so.

Confusion overwhelmed me because as I said that sentence out loud, silence unexpectedly fell among the crowd and Anthony frowned, his expression strange...

Doom seemed to have descended on me then.