Chapter 18

***I AM MRS PADILLA***A SMOSH LOVE STORY

>>Chapter 18>>

REUNITED

STILL AT ANTHONY'S POINT OF VIEW

She was lying on the bed, pale and weak.

"You just called my name?" I rushed to her and grabbed her hand before asking her agitatedly.

"Anthony...no...don't leave me...I love you..." I heard her faint voice but her eyes were still tightly closed.

I gave her hand a squeeze.

"Hush hush, I am here. I am here now," I tried to calm her down in a soothing voice.

"Anthony...don't go..." Her voice was trembling.

Her eyelids fluttered open then.

She had woken up!

Relief instantly filled me.

Uncontrollable tears of joy were flowing freely down my face.

Luckily she is alright, luckily she is!

"Silly girl... Why am I so important to you that you could risk your own life to save me? Do you know you could have died? How am I supposed to cope with that then?" I reprimanded her as I held her hand to my cheek.

Thanks goodness she woke up, thanks goodness...

She smiled a tiny smile. The look of concern in her eyes were overpowering me.

"Anthony, did you get hurt? I...I was so scared when I saw you being surrounded and...and..." As she spoke in between ragged breaths, she constantly kept her eyes on me as if she was afraid that I will be gone when she stop looking at me.

There came a stinging pain in my heart.

She was already injured badly, and yet she was still worrying about me?

"Why? Why did you do this for me? Why?" I questioned her yet again, the gratitude in my heart so much it could kill me.

Her eyes shimmered with tears.

"It is alright. I will do anything for you, Anthony," She whispered. I could sense the longing in her voice.

I was touched.

"Anthony, I am sorry. I am so sorry that I did not reply to your messages..I should have..." She went on before she broke down.

What? She is apologizing to me when I should be the one doing so?

WHY???

"Why? Why are you so foolish? I should have been the one getting that stab!" I shouted at her agitatedly.

She stroked my face with her trembling finger as she answered calmly,"Don't you ever leave, because I love you, Anthony."

My heart was filled with warmth.

Ignoring the wound on her back, she painfully got up, just to hug me.

"Anthony, I love you!" She repeated, this time clinging to me tightly.

I hugged her back, absorbing in the warmth of her body and her fast heartbeat.

Suddenly it is like we are the only ones left here...

"Anthony, I am so glad to see you again. I will never let go of you!" She continued.

I nodded.

Yes, I am so glad to see her again too.

MAIN CHARACTER'S POINT OF VIEW

Looking at Anthony's chocolate-brown eyes and his loving smile, I felt like I am the most fortunate girl in the world.

"I can't believe we are seeing each other again in...such a place," Anthony commented, resigned.

I laughed. That's so cute!

"At least I am with you again! The place is not a problem as long as I can see you again," I replied.

Anthony stare at me with a look I had not seen in ages.

Those loving, delicate eyes...

There was a moment of silence before Anthony abruptly cracked a joke,"I know why I did not get hurt. Remember? My middle name's danger!"

I laughed as I recalled the EVIL FORTUNE COOKIE video.

Anthony laughed along too.

How I wish this moment would last forever...

At that point the door to the ward was opened.

I looked out.

Ian and another lady was standing at the door.

That lady does look familiar...

Oh! It's Mari!

I can't help but grin to see this really cute lady in person. Mari is always so lively and cheerful in all her videos, and even during instances like this where she is off-camera, she is still wearing that lovely, broad smile.

"Hi dear! Oh luckily you are fine! How are you feeling now? Are you tired?" Mari, upon noticing I was awake, quickly hurried over to me

She gave me a big hug and I observed that she was crying.

This is the first time we had actually met, but Mari is treating me like I am her long-lost acquaintance. This is just so sweet...

A sense of warmth filled my heart. They are all so nice to me and are so concerned about my well-being, so much so that I could really feel that sense of belonging. We are all so close, it is like we are family.

"It's okay Mari. I will be in perfect shape soon," I told her gently.

Although the wound on my back was still hurting, being with my loved ones had already made me forgot about the pain.

Ian stepped towards me then and explained,"Sorry for suddenly coming in, we were just wondering what took the two of you so long..."

I laughed. They are all so cute...

"Thank you to you all for being so concerned about me. I am feeling so much better now with all of you around," I confessed.

"Good to hear that. I hope you will get well soon," Mari told me gently and with that, she gave my arm a squeeze.

As she did so, Anthony came forth and pulled me into an embrace.

"Hey! Why are you stealing her from me!" Mari immediately snapped at Anthony, pretending to be furious.

Ian joined in, "Wait, what are the both of you doing? She is supposed to be MINE!"

I found myself bursting into laughter-they are so hilarious that I can barely control myself!

Anthony, Ian and Mari laughed along with me too.

Melodious laughter filled the ward, and how I wish the term "Time files when you are having fun" will never be come true.

If only this moment could last forever...