Chapter 7

***Chapter 7***

Chapter 7: GOODBYES

The ringing of my phone became louder and louder, as if it was urging me to answer the call right now.

NOW.

Gingerly I picked up my phone and tapped onto the "Answer" icon, my heart rate increasing. I took a deep breath at the same time to ensure that I can keep a calm composure and convince Anthony I am alright.

I spoke first.

-Hello?

Anthony's familiar voice was heard over the line. It was unmistakably him.

-You messaged me? Are you feeling better now, friend?

Somehow, somehow his voice possessed this power in it that warmth my heart, that made me break down before I could withhold my emotions.

And there I was, weeping over the phone to Anthony Danger Padilla.

His voice across the line sounded shocked and the deep concern embedded in his sincere tone probed me to confide in him.

Within that matter of minutes, I poured out all the setbacks and challenges I am currently facing right now to him over the phone and did not bother to conceal my now hysterical mood.

I was totally in an insane state then, throwing at Anthony all the troubles that were bugging me.

The discovery of the fact that I was adopted, the experience of been chased out of my warm house, the feelings of an unwanted, hopeless individual...

"Come and find me tomorrow. In the same venue at around 4 pm as the autograph session should have ended by then. We need to discuss some important matters." Anthony's voice was determined.

And before I could respond, he hung up.

I focussed on the home screen of my phone, wondering and wondering.

Discuss...what?

What is he going to do?

I am worried that been disturbed by my confinements, he would want to meet up with me tomorrow just to warn me to stop harassing him, as if I am some sort of crazy fan girl who wants to get near him just to disrupt his schedule.

Or is he planning to comfort and motivate me, just like last time?

As I thought over what might await me in this tomorrow filled with uncertainties, I fell into a disturbed slumber, right outside the house which unwelcome me...

******************************

I am now face-to-face with Anthony and Ian. But I no longer feel any enthusiasm of chatting with them. The troubles of yesterday had ruined it all.

Ian had a thoughtful look on his face as he tried to devise some solutions for me to get out of this homeless situation I am in now.

"Sue your adoptive parents in court?" He made an unfeasible decision.

I groaned. No, I would do anything to avoid that.

Strictly speaking, my adoptive parents had still, nevertheless, nurtured me till I was this big. They did contribute throughout my growth and I would not be willing to make things worse through the "sue them in court" act.

"Forgive and forget." I concluded.

I voiced that out to Anthony and Ian, and I was rather surprised to notice Anthony looking impressed at my reply.

Then Ian suggested something which transformed my life forever.

"Hmmmm... I don't see you coming over to stay with us as a big problem. Isn't it, Anthony?"

I gulped.

What did he say? Did I hear it wrongly? Staying with...?

OH MY GOODNESS ONE STEP NEARER TO MY DREAM? IS IAN JOKING? It just can't be...

"You can stay over at Anthony's house. He is feeling rather down and miserable right now." Ian told me smoothly and sincerely.

The last sentence made me prick up my ears? Really? Does that mean I have hope? But am I really going over to stay with him?

I would trade anything just to stay in Anthony's house, the ultimate paradise I had always longed to be in!

"Ian, shut up, before my personal life gets known on Twitter and YouTube. If it does, you are to be blamed," Anthony snapped at Ian both in an irritable and warning tone.

My heart sank.

Doesn't Anthony trust me? I am obviously not the type of fan who would want to get near him in an attempt to dig out some insights about his life.

But hearing that I will be coming over did made a surge of triumph pass through my heart...

"So, taking her?" Ian joked.

"Yeah, she's TAKEN," Anthony replied light-heartedly.

WHAT? WHAT? DID THEY JUST SAY...?

I can't believe this. All in just a matter of days, I had transformed from been a mere stranger to Anthony to become an occupant in his house?

This is absurd, unbelievable.

But reality is in front of me now, and I had to accept that all these beautiful miracles are true.

Accept them all too excitedly. So excited that I began to hyperventilate once more.

Because this is a big step! A massive step towards the blossoming of the love between Anthony and I!

Yes, we are destined to be together, and now that I am coming over to his house, things are becoming more and more positive to me...

No words can describe the delight I am experiencing right now.

******************************

In just a small duration of 3 days, plans were made, discussions became solid.

And before I could realise it, I was already on a plane heading to Sacramento, North California.

I gazed out at the clouds outside, filled with mixed emotions and so engrossed in my thinking that I did not even give Anthony (who was sitting just beside me) a single glimpse.

As the plane rose higher and higher into the air, I threw my old, sad life further and further behind.

I am leaving. I am leaving for a life that is as new as the place I am traveling to right now.

I am on the brink of starting afresh, starting anew. A bright, hopeful future in Sacramento awaits me.

Yes, once again I affirmed, this is real.

Goodbye to my old life, goodbye to been insignificant, goodbye to been adopted, goodbye to my heartless adoptive parents, goodbye to everything here.

Because finally, I am been accepted. Because finally, I have people around me who truly cares for me.

Because finally, I am reaching for the stars, towards greater heights.

I nodded firmly, tearfully.

Sacramento, here I come.