Chapter 6

Hi my lovely readers, this chapter may be a little bit too focused on the main character, but don't worry at all! From this chapter onwards, this story will become better and better...now that the main character had gotten Anthony's number! I hope you all had been enjoying my story so far and I hope you all love it as much as I enjoy writing it! Yeah Smoshers :DD

***Chapter 6***

Chapter 6: ADOPTED, THEN ABANDONED

I was in cloud nine as I boarded the bus home from the food center.

Whoa, my mood today was totally like a roller-coaster, full of drastic ups and downs.

AND I GOT ANTHONY'S PHONE NUMBER!

This is totally out of my expectations. I was only expecting to get a simple autograph from him, but things became so dramatic that I ended up with his number.

Interesting.

My mother eyed me suspiciously as I stepped into the house, probably wondering why I was in such a cheerful mood.

"Where had you went to? We just returned, and were shocked to find you gone!"She queried me solemnly before I could enter my room.

"Oh, to meet a friend." I lied smoothly.

Her brows rose.

"Girl or boy?"

Damn, I was just about to shout at her in joy that I had just met this popular YouTube comedy duo who had over a million views on YouTube and got their numbers even!

Luckily I controlled myself before I could do that.

"SHE is a GIRL, mum." I groaned dryly, hoping I sounded convincing enough.

I must have had been convincing, because my mother turned back to her washing of dishes then and ignored me once again.

Relieved, I bolted straight to my room...

To sent my first ever SMS to Anthony Danger Padilla.

-Hi Anthony. You gave me my number today. Yeah, I am that fan who remembered your birthday wrongly and had cried :)

After typing that message out in just a matter of seconds, I hesitated just as my finger was hovering over the "send" icon.

Should I send him that?

Does it sound a bit too informal? Will Anthony treat that as a form of harassment?

The door to my room was pulled open abruptly and getting a shock, my finger accidentally landed onto the "send" icon and the "Sending message" notification loomed before me before I could even react!

Whoa.

I had sent that message. Great.

My attention returned to the door as a deep shout coming from that direction shook me.

It was my dad. Dreads filled my heart because it normally meant disaster if my dad came over to find me in private.

"Yes, Dad?" I stammered, trying to act as normal as I could.

"Show me your phone." He commanded me sternly and firmly.

Usually when he adopted this tone, I would have to abide to his instructions but...

He is requesting to check my phone now! He is going to discover all those links I have with Anthony!

My heart pounded furiously once again and fear was the only word I could describe my emotions then.

I blurted it out without thinking. In a tone that sounded unintentionally impolite.

"Why should I show you my phone? What right do you possess to check my phone?"

Oh, what did I just say?

My father's expression turned into one of bitter outrage.

Grabbing my study chair with his muscular arm, he flung it in my direction.

Instinct triggered me to duck away from the chair and as I did so in fright and dismay, I hit my head against the cupboard and the chair smashed right onto the wall, forming a huge crack on it.

Stunned and momentarily frozen, my first thought was of my phone, but to my horror, I realised my father had already seized the chance to get his hands on my phone.

"IT IS THIS GUY YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH NOW RIGHT? OKAY, I KNOW WHAT TO DO!" He roared in fury as he pointed at Anthony's photo, the one which I set as my wallpaper.

For once, I was not in the least bit overjoyed that someone thought I an in a relationship with Anthony.

Noticing my father scrolling through my contacts (obviously to try to find Anthony's number and phone him to present him with a massive scolding), I was horrified at the prospect of him calling Anthony and insulting him in any way.

The door opened again and my mother stepped in.

"Dear, I did told you not to use any physical violence on her." She reprimanded.

My father spun to her then, momentarily distracted.

Grabbing hold of the precious chance, I dashed forward and snatched the phone away from his hand.

All I received was a furious roar from him as he shoved me away violently.

"OH SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT US, ISN'T IT? BECOMING MORE AND MORE REBELLIOUS, ISN'T IT? THEN SCRAM OUT OF THE HOUSE AND NEVER COME BACK!"

Before I knew it, I was chased out of the house by force after been thrown a bag containing my belongings.

As I was dragged out of the door, my father slammed the door vigorously and closed it, signifying that I was not to return back again, I was not to be seen by him again.

I was stunned as I stared at the merciless door and the merciless house with my merciless parents who do not want me anymore.

Sobbing, I zipped open the bag and my glance fell onto a piece of paper.

That piece of paper destroyed the love I had towards my parents completely.

Because on the paper there wrote that I was actually adopted and the "parents" that I have now are actually not my biological parents! My biological parents had died a long time ago when I was still a baby!

But, but lots of children who are adopted have loving adoptive parents...

I am unlucky then.

So. So all the while, they don't love me at all. That's why they seldom talk to me and we were so distant. The concern they had towards me in terms of my relationship with guys was just artificial, just a way to pretend they were my real parents. So I would love them and not sue them in court for neglecting me.

And then they made use of today's incident as an excuse to chase me out. Only then that they could wash their hands off me completely.

Hopelessness filled every single part of my body. My heart felt like it was plunging deep down into the depths of the unknown.

Now no one wants me anymore, now I am just a useless piece of crap who no one bothers to care for...

I no longer feel anything, just numbness and emotionless.

The whole world felt as if it had just crushed down on me. My future is bleak.

My phone rang then. My gaze flickered to the screen.

Anthony is calling me. My only kin is calling me.

Maybe. Maybe there's hope after all.