Chapter 9

Hey smoshers!!! Thanks so much for reading and voting for my story :)

I can assure you that as the story goes on, something really epic is going to happen between the main character and Anthony, so hold your breaths!

***Chapter 9***

Chapter 9: JUST TRY OKAY? YOU MIGHT NEVER KNOW!

"Whoa, this is so cute!" I marveled, delighted, as I admired the heart keychain Anthony gave me.

Anthony grinned at my joyous expression and explained, "Although you had only been here for a few weeks, I already understand how you feel. This gift serves to remind you that no matter what obstacles you face, everyone in the world still loves you."

I blushed at Anthony's encouragement while in my mind, I am dying to ask him that bursting question.

So, do you love me then?

I looked up at Anthony once again and another blissful smile crept across my face.

Anthony chuckled and before I could stop myself...

I dived into Anthony's lap without thinking and hugged him firmly.

I was touched when he returned me the hug as tightly as I has given him. As we hugged, I closed my eyes, basking in the warmth of his body.

For that moment, the invisible barrier between us was no longer in existent. For that moment, I could feel Anthony's warm, calm breathing. For that moment, I could feel Anthony's steady heartbeat. For that moment, I could catch a whiff of Anthony's unique body scent...

I was in a world with him, a world that consisted of only him and me...

This is haven...

******************************

I woke up early in the morning, just like I always did ever since I start to live in Anthony's house. Every second with Anthony is so treasurable that, I decided, as little of it as possible should be wasted on sleep.

It was then when I heard Anthony's beautiful voice from the living room.

Excitement rose in my heart as I wondered what he could be doing,

I silently opened the door by an inch and looked out at the living room.

Ian and Anthony were sitting on the sofa, chatting.

Ian has came to visit? Cool!

I pricked up my ears to hear what they are talking about. Who knows, I could be the first smosher to find out what their next video would be about!

"Hey Anthony, I am just curious. How did you find Kitty? I mean, she has been staying here for like quite a while and I wonder what's your impression of her?" Ian asked.

My heart immediately stopped beating when I heard my name. I could not even breathe. With trepidation I listened...

Anthony gave a small smile and replied, "She is a really good and fun friend to be with. And I will try my best to assist her if she is in need of any help. I really sympathize with her for all those things that she had went through..."

My heart sank at his reply.

He just treat me as his friend? JUST A FRIEND? No other special feelings? So I had been holding far too high hopes all along?

And... SYMPATHY? I don't need anyone to sympathize with me! That would just make me seem like a big fat loser!

Especially not Anthony...

But come to think of it, I could not blame Anthony for this. We had only been together for a few weeks.

There's still a lot of time for love to blossom between us! He would fall in love with me gradually!

However horrible thoughts struck me then.

But what if he NEVER WILL love me? Then my longing for Anthony's love would be just a hallucination, would be just a daydream that would never come true...

What if he never will love me and the stakes of us been in a relationship is actually a 0%?

If it is impossible for him to love me, I will have to learn to painfully accept the truth.

Which I can't.

Heartbroken, I could feel tears freely trickling down my face.

WHAT IF?

Oh no, why am I crying? Why do I have such low self-confidence?

Quickly I tried to calm myself down.

Kitty, don't give up hopes yet. You haven't even tried, so how would you know he would never fall in love with you?

I wiped my tears away.

Alright then, I would just freaking give it a shot.