Chapter 2

***Chapter 2***

Chapter 2: I HOPE FOLKLORE IS TRUE

My phone's wallpaper is of Anthony Padilla's twitter profile photo. I am all crazy about him and I realised that as time passed, the love I had towards Anthony is becoming stronger...and stronger.

But that was the most I can do. Marveling over Anthony's photo and daydreaming that he is in front of me right now, ready to kiss my lips.

If only. If only he is with me now. Right here. Right now.

I closed my eyes...

"WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK? ARE YOU CRAZY? STARING AT YOUR PHONE WITH A DAZED SMILE?"

I jumped, startled to notice my mother behind me. She leaned over to get a closer look at what I was looking at.

She frowned and a suspicious expression flickered across her face.

"Who is that boy? Your boyfriend? I thought I warned you to never engage in a relationship..." She pointed at Anthony's photo and commented.

I felt even more dejected than before.

Yeah, why didn't I thought of that? Even if Anthony did really want to get steady with me, never would my parents allow that.

"Nope, just a celebrity photo I happened to see... He would never know who I am..."I replied dryly.

I heard my mother mumbling a "Good" under her breath as she headed off.

My gaze returned to the photo.

Anthony, I wonder what you are doing right now? Right on this peaceful night? Are you...

Chatting with Ian?

Filming a new smosh video for this Friday?

I want Anthony.

Wait, what am I thinking about? There is not even a chance for me to even meet Anthony.

I shook my head, trying to fool myself.

Anthony is beside me right now.

I strided towards the window, still mumbling that sentence underneath my breath as if it will come true if I say it long enough.

It was a rainy, chilling night. The night sky was darker than ever and the wind ran its cold fingers onto my skin as I reached my hand out to the window dreamily, pondering how my future will be like if Anthony is in my life.

The night sky was lit up by something which looked like a dazzling, speedy star. It moved rapidly...

I gasped, awed.

IT IS A SHOOTING STAR...

My first instinct was to close my eyes and clasp my hands together.

There came the ultimate moment when I made the immediate wish that came into my mind, my heart beating furiously, anxiously.

"I wish Anthony Danger Padilla and I can be in a romantic relationship."

I opened my eyes after shouting out the wish agitatedly in my mind.

The shooting star streaked across the sky then, disappearing into the horizon in a mere second. In a mere flash.

The pressing question came next.

Will my wish come true?

Just like in the song "Somewhere over the rainbow", will the dreams that I dare to dream really do come true...

Feverishly, I returned to my seat and hoped for the best.

Anthony Padilla's photo seemed to wink at me, or was this going to be just a fantasy and not reality, just like it always was?