Chapter 19

***I AM MRS PADILLA***A SMOSH LOVE STORY

My note to readers: This chapter is quite unique and is different from the chapters I normally post. But I am sure you guys will love it! :)

>>Chapter 19>>

NEVER GIVE UP

"Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy."

---Orrin Woodward

********************

I sighed as Anthony reached his hand out to me again.

"It is really okay, Anthony. I don't need any help to climb the stairs. I can manage on my own," I told him for the thousandth time.

But Anthony's brows were still creased with concern.

"Are you sure you will be fine? You still seem quite weak," He remarked.

I nodded and turned away from him, feigning up an irritated look on my face.

But in reality my heart was filled with warmth.

Anthony...he cares for me so much.

Once home, Anthony insisted that I take a nap.

"Then what about you? After so many...incidents, I am sure you have been busy and tired out too," I queried him with concern as I was ushered up the bed.

Anthony shook his head, and whipped out his phone.

"Just gonna do some research for next week's smosh video. I need to figure out how to edit that video so as to have that shocking impact on the audience." Anthony mumbled as his gaze lingered on the screen.

"Research? But we just got back and you must be all burnt out. Maybe if I help, I can help decrease the workload by a bit?" I suggested.

Without waiting for him to reply, I took out my phone too, all set to try my best to help him.

"Kitty, there's no need too..."

I ignored him and went to the Internet.

My heart skipped a beat when I noticed that my browser was still on that web page. That web page displaying our YouTube channel Kithony.

But that shock turned into surprise when I discovered that our YouTube channel had just gained 12000 more subscribers, and when it is added into our current number of subscribers it makes up..168000?

What? We have 168000 subscribers now?

That's freaking quick!! I did not expect that!!

My sharp gasp caught Anthony's attention and he spun to look at my phone.

A delighted smile spread across his face now.

"Kitty! We have so many subscribers now! Yes, that comment you received that day was harsh, but that does not mean that everyone in the world hates you!" He paused for a moment and he turned to me, such that our gazes met.

He continued, his voice as calm and as melodious as always.

"Look, Kitty. We do not live in a perfect world. There will always be that bunch of haters who just hates for the sake of it. You can't get everyone to like you. But that does not mean that you should give up on your plans just because of that miserly few haters. It is not worth it. Yes, there are people who hates on us, but look, there are even more people who supports us!"

He continued. "By brooding over those hates and feeling upset over them, you are letting the haters win. Why not ignore the haters and work hard for your supporters instead? In fact, try not be deterred by the haters. Treat them as a source of motivation for you to work even harder! The more they hate you, the more you improve for them to see!"

I pondered over his words and tried to retort back.

"But, but that is easier said than done. Sometimes those comments are so cruel, that it is impossible to be unaffected by it. We all have emotions, we all put in effort into making those videos. And it is very demoralizing to see such comments like that. It really hurts. And it reminds me of my past. My adoptive parents hated on me just like these haters do..." I tried to explain, but all the agitation and sadness that engulfed me made my voice break.

Anthony pulled me into yet another comforting hug.

"Every vlogger faces that, Kitty. I assure you, every vlogger faces that. YouTube is such a vast platform, it is inevitable that such things happen. Let me ask you, have you ever seen a video that does not have any hates?"

I thought over that question.

Anthony is actually right. Each and every video I have came across on YouTube always have some "dislikes" on them, with some receiving less hates and some others, more. Including those videos made by established Youtubers.

It is impossible to have a video that has only "likes" and no "dislikes".

Haters are everywhere.

"Trust me, I have been through worst. Those smosh haters throw down terrible comments," Anthony explained.

When I looked at him, still a little unconvinced, he added on.

"Didn't you promise to put down your past, Kitty? We are all in this together. Let's work together and build up this channel. Let's work together and overcome whatever challenges we may face in the process, okay? But if you are still uncomfortable with it, I will respect you and your choice.

I can't help but let out a laugh. Since when had Anthony started speaking so fancifully?

Anthony was looking at me intently with those sweet brown eyes, obviously expecting a reply.

I thought about my promise to Anthony. I thought about using the haters as a source of strength to go on. I thought about how far Anthony and I have came.

And I decided.This channel is the representation of our love, and I am not going to let this chance slip past us easily.

And regardless of the haters, we are going to stay strong, and never give up.

I spoke out.

"Alright, let's transform our humble YouTube channel into something..."

I tried to think of a fanciful phrase, but could not think out of one.

"...awesome?" I ended. Awesome sounds high-class enough, no doubt.

"That's not very fanciful! Why not something like 'our channel's future will be as bright as a shooting star'? Anthony laughed as he tickled my cheek.

"Grr, I am not so formal like you okay?" I grinned and retort back.

It feels so good, to be able to have the YouTube channel idea back again.

Once again I told myself that I will never, ever give up on it. All those senseless haters and all those events in the past are not worth me worrying over, and I am never going to let these things affect my relationship with Anthony again.

And we are going to share our viewers everything that we have gone through, and urge them to be like us-to never give up.

After all, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.