Birthday Cake and Storytime

I HAVE NO CONCEPT OF TIME, so please excuse this giant gap between the previous parts of the lesbian au...onward we go! Here's part three which will inevitably have a part four that shouldn't take a million years because it's mostly done, but you guys probably don't trust my word anymore-

Anyways, recap, Frankie and Geralyn sort of hooked up while drunk and Frankie freaked out and pretended she didn't remember anything when they returned to school, so Geralyn's feeling weird and playing along.

Small TW for internalized homophobia.

____

The consequence of pretending was needing to resume as though nothing different ever impacted them. Frankie couldn't dance around the subject and avoid Geralyn at the same time, or else it would rise suspicion in Geralyn that Frankie was only pretending she lost the memory of what occurred behind closed doors at the party. Geralyn was unable to act any differently as well, which meant that Frankie was in an endless cycle of torturous confusion after she came to the conclusion that something was definitely different about her. Her perspective shifted and the weight of the world resided beside her hammering heart each time Geralyn passed her by in the hallways and spared her a bright smile tainted by the uncertainty in her eyes, like she ruminated on the things she'd done and would do in the unforeseeable future, and Frankie did the same while keeping to her regular routine to not be figured out.

In order to keep up the charade that nothing was damaged, it meant that Geralyn stuck to her affectionate nature scrambling Frankie's insides each time she experienced arms encircling her waist as a greeting, fingers running through her hair absentmindedly while they carefully conversed about ordinary topics. Frankie forced her eyes to never wander from the normal path her past self would take, acting like Geralyn wasn't anything special and she was merely another friend, which was what she should've been since the beginning; there needed to be nothing that separated Geralyn from the rest.

Frankie's eyes rested on Geralyn's gaze when she spoke, she mostly kept her hands to herself, but it was always proven the most challenging thing to tackle when she was constantly bombarded with fragments of that forbidden memory clouding up her head. She'd recall the way Geralyn's lips glistened in the end whenever she reapplied her gloss, she'd think of the explicitness of Geralyn's spread open legs whenever she arrived to school adorned in a dress resting higher up on her thighs as opposed to ones swaying past her knees. Frankie wished she could extract every moment and become completely oblivious to everything about Geralyn that enticed any human being with eyes.

In the same stride, Frankie's eyes always went against her self restraint and wandered when Geralyn wasn't looking. They'd trace over the slope of her shoulders, down the line of her back, drinking in the way her curves rested perfectly and displayed a type of softness attracting Frankie's wandering gaze. She'd catch herself doing the unthinkable and reprimand herself sharply in her mind, constantly wrapped up in an incessant ache roiling in her chest, almost sickening her from the amount of times she suppressed it instead of acknowledging it. She couldn't avoid it when she felt eyes resting on her body as well, eyes that weren't Ray Toro's or the lustful stare of boys following her descent down the hallways while getting to her next class. The gaze felt tender sliding over her, a tinge of seductiveness burning under her flesh, and at times, when she turned and met Geralyn's eyes, something passed between them that Frankie never allowed to continue after a few heavy seconds sitting like iron in her body.

Her friends knew something was stirring in Frankie that she'd never admit to. Alicia in specific was on guard, observing Frankie's mannerisms while under the belief that something more sinister occurred while Frankie was intoxicated, but Frankie couldn't alleviate her worries with the truth. She constantly brushed off her friends concerning over her and insisted she was fine, only overwhelmed with schoolwork and cheer practice, which were the only things she should've been stressed over. Frankie even insisted at one point that Sweet Pea was ill and she was anxious over the matter due to her age. Sweet Pea was doing just fine, still snoozing peacefully in Frankie's room with her when she was meant to be sleeping as well, but she couldn't shake Geralyn from her mind.