Twist and Twine

This is different. Someone inspired me to write it a while ago. Enjoy!!
———

Gerard couldn't tear his eyes away from the device hesitantly clasped in the hands of his lover. Smooth, matte in the lighting, dipped in the color of midnight and surrounded in creeping shades of carmine standing out against the paler color of his palm. The switch was yet to be fondled by the slightly trembling fingers attempting to keep a steady grip as Gerard openly gawked at every visible detail of the untouched device. His stomach stirred and he wasn't sure of the emotion flooding through his system, whether it was pleasant or foul. It seemed like ages ago that he'd been searching for perfect shades of paint to combine and make into a color he wasn't entirely sure existed, his mind as far away from a topic such as this as possible.

"I know it's not really something you do, or maybe you have and I never knew about it, but it's. . . something new? Exciting?" Frank's nervous smile flitted across his honey green eyes quickly darting across all of Gerard's still features to gauge his reaction.

Gerard reckoned he was met with disappointment because Gerard felt as though he was permanently settled into a still figure seated down on the couch Frank planted him on to propose his idea to him. Although he wasn't exactly opposed nor disgusted by the idea, he couldn't refrain from stiffening into a statue, his limbs freezing in their place for a moment passing for far too long. Frank's nerves only increased through every trickling second where Gerard remained still, no words bubbling behind his lips to burst out in a clear reassurance.

Frank was undeserving of an immobile reaction when it took a moment to wrestle the words out of him as his hands had been shyly tucked behind his back, concealing the object handled in his hands now presenting a gateway to a new possibility to his lover he wanted to share the experience with. Confrontation or bold moves such as these weren't as common in Frank as they were in Gerard, which caused Gerard to yield the slightest bit as softness layered over the shock startling him into an unmoving man. He blinked slowly, his lips parting, yet he couldn't unscramble the mess tangled in his mind to form words to properly explain how he felt.

"Look, you don't have to." Frank quickly tucked the object behind his back again and took a small step back towards the coffee table. "It was just an idea. I got it online and it said no returns, so I guess you can just use it on me. I don't mind."

Frank's blush expanded through his cheeks dusted in the softest freckles barely visible to the naked eye and engulfed the entire upper half of his neck in a rosy hue chipping at the ice surrounding Gerard's insides. He felt it break away, coming to be graced with the warmth of sympathy.

"Frank, I'm sorry. I— I'm not trying to make you feel bad." Gerard held his hands up in a disarming gesture. "You just really caught me off guard."

"I told you it was something big." Frank mumbled, casting his gaze downwards as a frown tugged at the corners of his lips shrunken as they did when he was embarrassed or deep within his thoughts.

"I know you did. I should've been prepared for anything." Gerard's fingers tangled into his red and black hair, reaching through the twists of unbrushed hair to scratch underneath. "You're just. . . y'know, you rarely want to take the lead."

Frank's eyes flickered up in an instant and connected with Gerard's eyes studying his stance to see if this was the moment where Frank would clamp up inside his shell and refuse to submerge, guilt dancing at the edges of his conscious for staying silent too long.

"I don't exactly want to take the lead." Frank slowly brought his hands out from behind his back again, stroking the matte toy in his hands with the pad of his thumb in slow circles. "I wanted to see how you reacted before I told you the rest of my idea."