Homecoming

I'm trying something a little different with my writing style. It's not so obvious or grand, but it's something I haven't done before. Enjoy!
____

Gerard's lips are searing hot where they are pressed just underneath Frank's ear, stamping wet kisses in their wake that lead down to where his neck slopes into his shoulder. Frank's hands can't stop roaming all across Gerard's bare skin, starting from his neck to his chest, sliding downwards and coaxing the chill from his frozen fingers Gerard barely flinches under because he's missed Frank so much that nothing matters other than the fact that they're touching. They're here, together, after what feels like an infinity of glances out windows and tapping at phone screens when time spared them a moment. Time is valuable, more so now than ever, or whenever Frank finally arrives home after touring for so many months that the thought of what awaits for him in Jersey at the end of every trip seems like it's only a mythical oasis his mind imagines to help him cope. He is merely a man dragging through the desert with wounded palms until he finds the pond of crystal clear water that cleanses death and desperation from his system. He is alive and lacerations come in minimal quantities until they completely dissolve under his glowing flesh.

Gerard smells and feels like home. He is home, every inch of his smooth pale flesh that flushes when Frank caresses him and the limbs built with strong bones and curves that arch into Frank's hands when they coalesce like this the night of Frank's arrival. The scent of paperback books, coffee, pencils, and the fading edges of cologne are laced into Gerard's soft inky hair tickling Frank's cheeks when they embrace. It swirls through Frank's brain and keeps him on the edge of becoming overwhelmed, falling into a hypnotized state that fades into swelling awe the longer Gerard stays in his arms. Each time Gerard breathes, Frank feels it, he feels the expansion of his chest and the exhale fanning against his skin too, the movement of his soft stomach under his fingers trailing downwards, lower, pushing his legs open until Gerard understands and invites him between everything he can hold him with.

Frank makes a promise to Gerard before he leaves. He inks his promise into his skin with some significance or the most blinding sentiment possible, but either path he chooses, he relishes in the pain of the needle etching his flesh and kisses away Gerard's tears at the door with his bags abandoned on the ground for one more second. He promises his return, his love, and it's never been broken because he couldn't live with himself if he lost the only thing that means anything. Frank doesn't need Gerard like oxygen, he doesn't touch their tongues together as they kiss because it carries the same affect as medicine soothing the illness festering in his gut— he wants Gerard.

Frank has spent his entire life needing things; medicine, music, a diet plan, education. Gerard is the first sign of wanting he's ever felt, a desire clear in his heart the moment his tired eyes set their sights on a pale angel behind the register at a comic book store. Needing is too tedious, too devastating, but wanting, longing for something, its copious supply of the spark brought to life upon the first touch never fades. Neediness never carries a spark, it carries poison that decays into a dull fizzle leading to routine, soon succumbing to emptiness. It's not conventional in the books of romance, but Frank doesn't have a single care in the world because he knows how he feels and he knows he loves Gerard more than those phrases in cheesy poetic paragraphs attempt to explain, spitting at him each time he's ever dared to find the definition of love when he first suspected he'd fallen into it.

At the sight of one particle of unhappiness during Frank's departure, Frank would depart from his career and spend every dollar left in his account to keep Gerard's heart and belly full for the rest of their lives, lace their fingers together in sickness and follow his lead when the light engulfs their tired bodies curled in close together. Gerard jests how terrible it is for him to be willing to live that way only for love, but Frank knows he feels the same, because their fingers wouldn't sparkle with silver bands like stardust fallen from the night sky if he didn't. Sometimes, if Gerard heart aches as the absence of Frank begin to take a toll, Frank slips his own ring into an envelop and mails it to Gerard to remind him that everything Frank owns belong to Gerard as well, but above all things, his heart rests with him always, and his trust in him to protect it will not decay.