What Brews Underneath

Just Frank and Gerard being casual witches, unintentional birthday sex and whatnot.
_____

The blood moon spilled over the land in shades of eerie orange in contrast to the placid silver whenever the moon kept to its shade of white. The clash of black and orange was almost chilling if it hadn't been for the glow of preparations for a much anticipated holiday to come forward, that being the celebration of Halloween. The season of frightful joys was here at last, leaving those with favoritism for the holiday to embrace the oncoming Halloween spirit evident on nearly every block.

Frank Iero kicked a pebble lingering on the semi-wet street on his walk through the high school grounds filled with people. The pebble skidded far ahead on the pavement and settled, only to be casted aside by the shove of his best friend's foot when it landed in his wake this time around. He swung his bag halfway filled with candy between himself and Gerard, occasionally knocking it into the other boy's side with a cheeky grin whenever the platinum blonde turned to give him a glare lacking genuine fury. Teens ran past them with bags of their own, retreating into the gym where a Halloween dance was taking place. Blood red and bright orange lights leaked out from the open entrance welcoming anyone inside and the pounding bass coming from the music filtered onto the school grounds filled with various other activities. The annual Halloween carnival was being hosted early in the spirit of the holiday, it would continue to thrive with life until the official holiday approached and the dance being hosted in the gym would transform into a haunted maze. The eve was the very night they attended the carnival on, only hours before midnight struck.

"You think there's any chaperones in there?" Frank peered at the gym closely, seeing nothing but swaying shadows from the distance he stood at.

"Most likely." Gerard dropped onto a bench in the courtyard normally filled with people at lunch. "Why?"

"We should pull some Carrie shit in there." Frank pointed towards the gym. "You know, throw people around a little, unleash the basketballs."

"Carrie didn't just toss a few basketballs around with her powers, she hurt people." Gerard pointed out, arching one of his ridiculously perfect eyebrows he insisted he didn't use tweezers to clean up despite the flawless shape of them.

Frank rolled his eyes, plopping down on the seat beside Gerard. "Or we can sit here and gorge ourselves with all this candy."

Gerard grinned. "Now you're talking." He turned his body slightly to face his friend and retrieved his sack of candy given to him by the teachers handing it out from large bowls inside their classrooms.

 At this angle, he could see how the street light reflected on the blinding silvery white of Gerard's short, cropped hair, freshly cut and dyed only two nights in advance. He'd been more than surprised to enter the school premises to find his best friend snipped away at all of his tangled black hair to sport a much more sleek look drawing the attention of nearly everyone in the halls--especially the girls who already found the boy worthy of dropping to their knees for. Any person would be blind not to notice the sheer attractiveness that invented every fiber of Gerard Way's being, starting from his intense hazel eyes to the slight swing of his hips while he walked from building to building. No one noticed him much when he packed on extra weight during middle school, but ever since he shed the pounds and passed the awkward stages of puberty, he got his revenge by acting completely oblivious to the adoring stares casted his way daily. Frank knew he'd always been the same inside his heart no matter what form he took; he always idolized his best friend and noticed him when others didn't.

Frank snapped out of his ridiculous staring, huffing at the foolishness of his crush-induced butterflies. It was more than an inconvenience to be a little bit in love with his best friend of many years, more of a burden to carry the weight of unrequited romance than he ever imagined it would be. Gerard was a man who wasn't swayed by what laid between a person's legs, but the friendship part of their relationship made it almost impossible for Frank to see a good outcome if he confessed his feelings.